Nursing, B.S.N. (RN to BSN)
Take the next step in your nursing career.
Immaculata has a 30-year history of educating nurses. The accelerated R.N. to B.S.N. program prepares registered nurses for positions of leadership in the modern health care industry.
At A Glance
Program: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
Format: Face-to-face or online, in accelerated seven- or eight-week courses
Next Start Date: January 16, 2024
Cost: $465 per credit
Time to Completion Two years or less, even while working full time
"As someone who is a busy professional and has a busy personal life, it was important for me to find a program that I could manage, while still feeling as though I had a valuable education. Immaculata University has delivered this and more! Not only am I able to complete my courses within my life, but I have learned and grown into a better nurse. I would highly recommend the online program!"
Leigh Swalwell, R.N.
Nurse at Christiana Care
Graduates with a B.S.N. degree have the potential for higher wages, better patient outcomes, and better job prospects than nurses without a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
It is also a pathway toward further education and advanced roles, including a Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL), Nurse Practitioner (NP) and doctoral degrees, including D.N.P., Ph.D. or Ed.D.
In addition to working in clinical setting such as hospitals, clinics, and physicians’ offices, B.S.N. graduates can also pursue the following positions:
- nurse educator
- nurse Informaticist
- forensic nurse
- clinical research nurse
- nurse health coach
- health policy nurse
- pharmaceutical sales
- insurance specialist
- and more
The interdisciplinary curriculum explores the cultural, psychological, ethical, legal and management aspects of nursing in hospitals and communities.
The flexibility of this program offers the structure and support to help working adults. Students can earn credit for life and work experience and transfer up to 72 credits. Learn more about opportunities for Credit for Prior Learning.
All courses in the program are offered in various formats, including face-to-face, hybrid and online. All delivery formats include a cohort that builds a professional learning community to enhance student interaction and support.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is 126 credits, which includes 50 credits of required major core courses.
R.N. to M.S.N. Bridge Program
Students with an R.N. who graduated from an accredited nursing school with a non-nursing baccalaureate degree, may apply to Immaculata’s M.S.N. program without earning a B.S.N.
Tuition per credit is $465, and students can transfer in previous college credits and earn credit for equivalent work experience.
Various types of financing options are available to assist students. For further information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 484-323-3028, or email email@example.com.
The baccalaureate nursing program at Immaculata University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 887-6791.
A Cumulative GPA of 2.0 Or Above on a 4.0 Scale
Liberal Arts Core 36 Credits (21 Fulfilled By Major)
- Composition (Writing) 3 credits satisfied by major 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World (Lab Science) 3 credits satisfied by major 3 credits
- Quantitative Reasoning (Mathematics) 3 credits satisfied by major 3 credits
- Human Creativity (Art, Literature, Music) 3 credits
- Social Consciousness (Sociology, Psychology, Economics) 3 credits satisfied by major 3 credits
- Historical Consciousness (History) 3 credits
- Global Society (Foreign Language/Culture) 3 credits satisfied by major 3 credits
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion/Theology) 3 credits satisfied by major 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 3 credits satisfied by major 6 credits
Lower Division Nursing (Credits Transferred From Lower Division Nursing Program) 30 Credits
Upper Division Support Courses 18 Credits
- Principles and Practices of Research 3 credits
- Logic and Knowledge 3 credits
- Research and Analysis Using Statistics 3 credits
- Nursing and the Law 3 credits
- Spanish for Medical Personnel 3 credits
- Contemporary Medical Ethics 3 credits
Upper Division Nursing Courses 35 Credits
- Professional and Holistic Nursing Practice 6 credits
- Holistic Health Assessment 6 credits
- Nursing Research 5 credits
- Leadership in Nursing 6 credits
- Holistic Care of the Chronically Ill 6 credits
- Capstone in Public Health Nursing 6 credits
Nursing Program Requirements 18 Credits
- Foundations in Psychology 3 credits
- Introduction to Sociology 3 credits
- Lifespan Development 3 credits
- Laboratory Science 6 credits
- Natural Science 3 credits
Electives 10 Credits
Total 126 Credits
spent educating nurses
earned a BSN from Immaculata