Commencement Response must be submitted no later than Friday, April 20, 2018.
Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 6pm – Alumnae Hall
Tickets for guests will be distributed at rehearsal. All academic, financial and library obligations MUST be cleared for you to receive tickets. The total number of tickets per graduate will be announced later.
Rehearsal check-in will take place in the large gym beginning at 5:30pm.
Baccalaureate Liturgy for All
Saturday, May 19, 2018, 4:30pm – Villa Maria House of Studies Chapel
The Baccalaureate liturgy will take place in the Villa Maria House of Studies Chapel, located at 1140 King Road (across the street from Immaculata University). Family and friends are welcome to attend, and no tickets are required for Baccalaureate.
Graduates should wear academic attire. Priest and/or deacon relatives are welcome to assist at the Baccalaureate Liturgy. If you have any clergy family members who will be attending the Mass please notify Campus Ministry at 610-647-4400 ext. 3570 or email Father Kevin McCabe at email@example.com.
All three commencement ceremonies will be held in Alumnae Hall Theater on Immaculata’s campus. Tickets are required for entrance into the theater. Viewing rooms will be available for guests without tickets. A reception will follow the ceremony.
There will be web streaming locations on campus for each commencement. If someone is unable to attend the ceremony on campus, they will be able to view it online.
College of Graduate Studies Ceremony
- Friday, May 18, 2018, 6pm
- Guests may start arriving at 4:30pm. Graduates should report to the large gym at 4:30pm.
College of Undergraduate Studies Ceremony
- Sunday, May 20, 2018, 10am
- Guests may start arriving at 8:30am. Graduates should report to the large gym at 8:30am.
College of Adult Professional Studies Ceremony
- Sunday, May 20, 2018, 3pm
- Guests may start arriving at 1:30pm. Graduates should report to the large gym starting at 1:30pm.
Alfred C. Rinaldi, former chairman and CEO of Jacobs Music who died in 2014, is posthumously receiving an honorary degree during the College of Graduate Studies commencement ceremony. Accepting on his behalf will be his wife and son. Although Rinaldi was a very successful businessman, his real achievements came from his long-standing commitment to serve and support regional musical organizations and institutions.
Patricia Baldi Holloway will be presented with the prestigious Immaculata Medal and will address the graduates from the College of Undergraduate Studies. She has spent her career focused on non-profit organizations within the Philadelphia area including educational institutions and Camilla Hall. She also has a special bond with Amigos de Jesus, an orphanage in Honduras that provides for over 120 children.
Marie Liguori Williams ’77, D. P.M., will receive an honorary degree during the College of Adult Professional Studies commencement ceremony. As a podiatric surgeon in private practice in Miami, FL, Williams is the first clinical dean at Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine, and is currently the program director at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center. She was involved with Barry University’s Yucatan Crippled Children’s Project, a humanitarian effort that helps thousands of Mexico’s disabled and indigent children.
Directions and Parking
Access to campus is available on all University roadways. A campus map is available here. Due to the large number of attendees and vehicles expected for each ceremony, please allow extra time as you plan your trip to the University.
ARRIVING AT IMMACULATA UNIVERSITY
- Alumnae Drive should be used to access the Passenger Drop Off location (Lot G) as well as the parking lots closest to Alumnae Hall, the site of the Commencement ceremony.
- Immaculata Drive can be used to access Parking Lot A from the east end of the parking lot.
- Gillet Drive can be used to access Parking Lots D and E on the east side of campus.
- Parking Lots: All campus parking lots, except for Lot G, will be open for parking.
- Passenger Drop Off: Parking Lot G on Alumnae Drive.
- Disability Parking: Designated parking spaces may be limited in close proximity to Alumnae Hall. Drivers should be prepared to drop off passengers at the Passenger Drop Off location prior to parking their vehicle in the nearest available lot.
- No Parking Areas: Parking is not permitted along campus roadways or on grassy areas. Parking on roadways will restrict the smooth flow of traffic. More importantly, parked vehicles may impede the access of emergency vehicles.
- Hampton Inn
635 Lancaster Avenue, Frazer PA 19355
$119 per night (mention Immaculata commencement when booking)
- Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
815 N Pottstown Pike, Exton PA 19341
Discount code: Immaculata University Commencement
$79.00 per night
- Sheraton Great Valley
707 Lancaster Avenue, Frazer PA 19355
Discount code: Immaculata Commencement
$119.00 per night
All students expecting to complete their degree in May 2018 must make sure they have completed all institutional requirements in order to receive their diploma and to participate in the commencement ceremony including:
- Completion of all academic requirements by May 8, 2018
- Final grades for Spring 2018 coursework are due by Noon, May 7, 2018.
- Financial balances, including payment of all tuition and fees including library fines and parking fines must be cleared by March 18, 2018
- Students with Federal Stafford loans must complete Exit Counseling online* by May 1, 2018
*Click on “Exit Counseling” and simply follow the prompts. You will need to log in using your FSA ID. You must have a verified FSA ID (Username and Password) and you may click on the link to create it. The entire process will take about 15 to 20 minutes to complete. Immaculata University is automatically notified weekly of all students who have completed their counseling sessions.Failure to complete all the institutional requirements will delay graduation until August 2018.
There are two ways to order your attire:
- Order online February 23 – March 31 at www.herffjones.com/college/immaculata
- Order in the bookstore March 19th or 20th from 12-7pm
- (Bookstore temporarily located in modules between Alumnae Hall and Loyola Hall)
Pickup and pay night of Rehearsal in Bookstore, Monday, May 8, 2018 until 9pm.
Hours: Mon-Thurs. 10am-7pm; Fri. 9am-4pm
Commencement weekend hours:
- Friday, May 18th, 9am-8pm
- Saturday, May 19th, 2-4pm
- Sunday, May 20th, 8:30am-5pm
These two dates will include Custom Apparel orders as well as graduates ordering keeper Attire for College of Undergraduate Studies, College of LifeLong Learning and College of Graduate Studies for Masters and Doctoral). Academic attire will be distributed on Tuesday, May 8th before/after graduation rehearsal. Any students who did not order online will need to pick up attire by May 8th
- *March 16th 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. is only for Custom Doctor Apparel orders.
- March 19th and 20th from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Please note the bookstore is under renovation and temporarily located in the modules between Alumnae Hall and Loyola Hall.
Graduation Announcements, Creating Memories & Flowers
Custom announcements can be purchased from www.herffjones.com/college/immaculata
Legacy Photographics, the graduation photographer for Immaculata University, will help you create and treasure your graduation memories. Legacy will capture photos of you at the diploma presentation and the pictures will be emailed to your student IU email account
If you have questions regarding your pictures please contact Legacy Photographics at 610-279-1791 or www.legacyphoto.com
Flowers are available by advance order and pick up at the graduation ceremony. There will be flowers available to purchase the day of graduation as well. Using this link to purchase flowers gives a portion of the proceeds to Immaculata’s Student Development & Engagement Division: www.commencementflowers.com/index.php/immaculata