Research Ethics Review Board (RERB)
- RERB Forms
- RELATED PAGES
- Categories of Protocols
Request for Protocol Review – Forms Package (R1297)
The Research Review Process
Federal regulations require that a human rights committee approve funded research involving human subjects. The regulations further stipulate that if a college or university receives any federal research funding, all human subject research that is conducted at the college or university must also comply with the federal research regulations.
The Immaculata University Research Ethics Review Board (RERB) is the committee that is charged with the responsibility of ensuring that the rights of human subjects are protected in all research associated with Immaculata University. It should be clear that the RERB is not a peer review committee that serves to critique or limit research. The RERB serves only to ensure that the rights of subjects and potential subjects are protected. It is the primary intent of the RERB to ensure that the potential subject is provided with sufficient information to enable him/her to make a free and informed decision about his/her participation in the research project.
You are asked to provide information about your proposed research project on the forms in this package. The RERB will use this information in its review process.
Protocols to be reviewed must be received by 5 p.m. the 10th of every month.
Protocol Submission Forms
You may submit your RERB protocol online through the Google form provided.
- To submit online, please complete the online RERB application.
The Statement of Responsibility must be signed by the faculty advisor as the final step to the online RERB application. Once you submit your online protocol, your chair will be contacted to review your protocol and sign the statement of responsibility.
Sample Letters and Consent Forms (All letters must be on Immaculata University stationery)
- Sample Information Letter and Consent Form
- Generic Consent Form
- Information Letter and Consent Form for Parents or Guardians Permission for Research with Children
- Consent/Assent Form for Children
- Information and Consent Letter for Community Agencies
- Information Letter and Consent Letter for Invitation to be Interviewed
- Information Letter and Consent Form for Two Stage Projects
- Multiple Consent Form for Interview, Tape Recording and Anonymous Quotation
- Consent Form for Videotaping
- Information Letter for Web Questionnaire
- Mail Out Information Letter
- Faculty Information Letters and Consent Forms for Class/Course Projects I
- Faculty Information Letter and Consent Form for Class Projects II
- Information Consent Letter for Interview III – Course Project
- Sample Flyer for Inviting Research Participants I
- Sample Flyer for Inviting Research Participants II
- Sample Confidentiality Agreement for Research Assistants or Staff Associated with the Study
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.