Adult Professional Studies
At a Glance
- Program: Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
- Online, 7-week accelerated classes
- Face-to-face classes, some offered in the evening
- Next Start Date: July 5, 2023
- Cost: $465 per credit
- Time to Completion: Approximately two to four years, depending on credits transferred
Manage teams, finances and business operations to compete in the marketplace.
Immaculata’s business management program enhances your analytical and strategic planning skills along with your knowledge of:
- Human resources
- Supply chain management
Use technology to analyze data and make informed business decisions. Lead your organization to offer profitable solutions to customers.
Opportunities and Outcomes
A business management degree gives you numerous career opportunities in various industries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, median salaries for business careers include:
- Administrative Services and Facilities Managers: $99,290
- Budget Analysts: $79,940
- Financial Analysts: $95,570
- Management Analysts: $93,000
- Market Research Analysts: $63,920
- Operations Research Analysts: $ 82,360
- Project Management Specialists: $94,500
- Training and Development Specialists: $61,570
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the business degree program, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and capabilities essential to business management
- Understand the balance between theory and practice as it applies to the various sectors of the world of business, accounting, finance, marketing and economics
- Exercise effective interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Use technology strategically to enhance their productivity and effectiveness on both individual and organizational levels
- Evidence professionalism, integrity and ethics
- Learn from faculty with extensive business and management experience.
- Maximize your previous coursework by transferring up to 72 credits into the program or earn credit for workplace training through Immaculata’s Credit for Prior Learning program.
- Expand your career opportunities with an additional major or minors in finance, accounting, marketing or economics.
- Gain a respected credential through this program, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), which certifies that the program meets the rigorous educational standards established by ACBSP.
- Business Computer Applications 3 credits
- Business Ethics 3 credits
- Strategic Planning 3 credits
- Principles of Macroeconomics 3 credits
- Principles of Microeconomics 3 credits
- Statistics 3 credits
- Introduction to Finance 3 credits
- Math for Managers I 3 credits
- Math for Managers II 3 credits
- Marketing Principles and Practices 3 credits
- Self-Awareness Through Groups or Organizational Behavior 3 credits
- Accounting Principles I and II or Financial and Managerial Accounting 6 credits
- Business Law 3 credits
- Managing Business Information 3 credits
- Global Business 3 credits
- Business Management 3 credits
- Leadership Dynamics 3 credits
- Business Management Practicum 3 credits
- Business & Technical Writing 3 credits
- Business & Professional Writing 3 credits
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning 3 credits
- Human Resource Management 3 credits
- Supply Chain Management 3 credits
Liberal Arts Core 36 Credits (9 Fulfilled By Major)
- Composition (Writing) 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World (Lab Science) 3 credits
- Quantitative Reasoning (Mathematics) 3 credits, satisfied by major
- Human Creativity (Art, Literature, Music) 3 credits
- Social Consciousness (Sociology, Psychology, Economics) 3 credits, satisfied by major
- Historical Consciousness (History) 3 credits
- Global Society (Foreign Language/Culture) 3 credits, satisfied by major
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion, Theology) 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 6 credits
General Electives 27 Credits
Total 126 Credits
Josh Gribben applied concepts from Immaculata’s business programs to his job and, after demonstrating additional skills, was promoted to sales operations manager. Read more.
In our new business lab, you have access to real-world business news, financial data and software used by professionals in the industry, giving you a head start in your career.
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.