Adult Professional Studies
At a Glance
- Program: Bachelor of Science in Marketing Management
- Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
- Format: Face-to-face classes, some offered in the evening
- Next Start Date: May 15, 2023
- Cost: $465 per credit
- Time to Completion: Approximately two to four years, depending on credits transferred
Promote products and services that meet customers’ needs and help your organization compete in the marketplace.
Immaculata’s marketing management program equips you to conduct market research, analyze consumer behavior and plan strategic advertising campaigns. Examine marketing case studies and build your skills in:
- Marketing operations
- Retailing and wholesaling
- Product planning and pricing
- Media strategy development
- Statistics and accounting
- Financial decision-making
Opportunities and Outcomes
A degree in marketing management prepares you for employment opportunities in sales, advertising, retail management, buying, market research analysis, brand marketing, fundraising, and more. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, median salaries for careers in marketing include:
- Market Research Analysts: $63,920
- Advertising, Promotions and Marketing Managers: $133,380
- Sales Managers: $127,490
The program is also excellent preparation for Immaculata’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science in Strategic Leadership.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the marketing program, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and capabilities essential to marketing management
- Understand the balance between theory and practice as it applies to the various sectors of the world of business, accounting, finance, marketing and economics
- Exercise effective interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Use technology strategically to enhance their productivity and effectiveness on both individual and organizational levels
- Evidence professionalism, integrity and ethics
- Learn from faculty with extensive business experience as you evaluate real-life case studies of marketing in national and international contexts.
- Use business software to collect and analyze data, make decisions and solve problems.
- Gain a valuable credential through this program, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), which certifies that the program meets rigorous educational standards.
- Maximize your previous coursework by transferring up to 72 credits into the program, or earn credit for workplace training through Immaculata’s Credit for Prior Learning program.
- Expand your knowledge and career opportunities by choosing a dual major or minor in business management, finance, accounting or economics.
- Business Computer Applications 3 credits
- Business Ethics 3 credits
- Strategic Planning 3 credits
- Principles of Macroeconomics 3 credits
- Principles of Microeconomics 3 credits
- Statistics 3 credits
- Introduction to Finance 3 credits
- Math for Managers I 3 credits
- Math for Managers II 3 credits
- Marketing Principles and Practices 3 credits
- Self-Awareness Through Groups or Organizational Behavior 3 credits
- Accounting Principles I and II or Financial and Managerial Accounting 6 credits
- Business Law 3 credits
- Managing Business Information 3 credits
- Global Business 3 credits
- Business Management 3 credits
- Business & Technical Writing or Business & Professional Writing 3 credits
- Advertising Principles 3 credits
- Marketing Research 3 credits
- Marketing Management 3 credits
- Marketing Management Practicum 3 credits
- Department Elective 3 credits
Liberal Arts Core 36 Credits (9 Fulfilled By Major)
- Composition (Writing) 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World (Lab Science) 3 credits
- Quantitative Reasoning (Mathematics) 3 credits, satisfied by major
- Human Creativity (Art, Literature, Music) 3 credits
- Social Consciousness (Sociology, Psychology, Economics) 3 credits, satisfied by major
- Historical Consciousness (History) 3 credits
- Global Society (Foreign Language/Culture) 3 credits, satisfied by major
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion, Theology) 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 6 credits
General Electives 30 Credits
Total 126 Credits
You can apply to Immaculata’s adult professional programs in four simple steps. If you have questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 484-323-3060.
Josh Gribben applied concepts from Immaculata’s business programs to his job and, after demonstrating additional skills, was promoted to sales operations manager. Read more.
In our new business lab, you have access to real-world business news, financial data and software used by professionals in the industry, giving you a head start in your career.
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.