Strategic Leadership, M.S.
Learn to lead with courage and confidence in any industry, organization, or company.
Through a cross-disciplinary approach, remote delivery, and relevant curriculum, including timely topics such as diversity and environmental leadership, Immaculata University’s Master of Science in Strategic Leadership will prepare you to lead with courage and confidence in any industry, organization, or company.
An alternative to the traditional MBA and its focus on technical skills, the Master of Science in Strategic Leadership program does not require any business prerequisites and provides leadership courses that incorporate evidence-based practices to help you lead the changes necessary for organizations to thrive.
At A Glance
Program: Online Master of Science
Audience: Graduate students
Format: Online; 7-week sessions
Next Start Date: January 16, 2024
Cost: $15,000 ($500/credit)
Time to Completion 5 semesters (possibly less than 2 years)
“The specialized knowledge and skills that I have learned through the master's in leadership program have really helped me to advance my career and open me up to new opportunities. The classes provide hands-on and collaborative group projects that replicate the professional environment. I work for a prominent multi-hospital health system headquartered in Philadelphia, and the subject matter discussed during class is immediately applicable to my role. When I learn something on a Monday night, I can put it to use on a Tuesday morning. Thanks to Immaculata’s Leadership program, I was able to stand out among my peers and was recently chosen for a major promotion within the company.”
Regina Haines '21 M.S.
Associate Director of Operations at Penn Medicine's Abramson Cancer Center
Immaculata graduates can readily apply their advanced leadership skills to a wide range of industries and professions. While potential career opportunities could be limitless, top job categories include:
- Corporate Leadership
- Nonprofit Leadership
- Professional Development Training
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Consulting
- Environmental Leadership
- Sales and Marketing Leadership
- And more
All courses in the program are offered online with weekly synchronous class meetings, combining the convenience of remote attendance with the benefit of live instruction with expert faculty and engagement with your peer network.
The Online MSL program requires 30 graduate credits that you can finish in five semesters. Each course meets in accelerated seven-week sessions, and you will take one course at a time.
Competitively priced at $500 per credit, totaling $15,000 for the degree.
The program includes a leadership certificate that can be earned as a standalone credential or along the way to the MS degree, allowing you to build your resume sooner.
Designed for students from across industries, the MS in Strategic Leadership takes a cross-disciplinary approach. You will take courses with students in the MBA program as well as students from a variety of other master’s level programs.
Curriculum (30 credits)
- GEN 502 – Methods of Research
- LDR 600 – Foundations of Leadership
- LDR 603 – Organizational Ethics
- LDR 604 – Theories of Change
- LDR 605 – Politics of Leading
- LDR 610 – Environmental Leadership
- LDR 615 – Leading Digital Citizens
- LDR 621 – Strategic and Critical Problem Solving
- LDR 630 – Leading Across Cultures
- LDR 640 – Power and Influence
- LDR 635 – Leadership Comprehensive
This program contains content aligned with the curriculum requirements set forth by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
As a result of the program students will:
- Understand there are various schemes, both internal and external that impact an organization’s mission
- Understand the implications of social power dynamics and the importance of an ethical application of influence
- Identify the unique nature and complexity of the leader-follower relationship across cultures—language, ritual, story, family, ethnicity—and build upon this diversity to develop successful strategies to improve the work environment
- Recognize that leading is the strategic mitigation of conflict; employ various strategies for negotiating and building consensus
- Acquire the skills to recognize the manifestation of power in the complex symbolic systems of communication and the role culturally relevant stories play in leader-follower communications
- Practice globally-minded and socially responsible decision making in light of contemporary environmental and political issues and identify the potential impact organizations can have upon the broader community
Applicants are required to:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Provide official undergraduate transcripts demonstrating a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Submit a current resume
- Provide two professional letters of recommendation
Just The Facts
Complete the degree in a little over two years
Discounted rate of $500 per credit
Required for graduation