Adult Professional Studies
At a Glance
- Program: Associate of Science in Business Administration
- Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
- Format: online (7-week accelerated classes) or face-to-face classes (some offered in the evening)
- Next Start Date: July 5, 2023
- Cost: $250 per credit
- Time to Completion: Approximately two years
Develop the analytical skills to make financial and operating decisions.
Immaculata’s Associate of Science in Business Administration provides a versatile degree that builds your knowledge and skills in:
- Business operations
- Global markets
- Macro- and microeconomics
- Accounting principles
- Business computer applications
Opportunities and Outcomes
A degree in business administration offers you myriad career opportunities. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, median salaries for business careers include:
- Administrative services and facilities managers: $99,290
- Advertising sales agents: $52,340
- Bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks: $45,560
- Event and convention planners: $49,470
- Insurance sales agents: $49,840
- Logisticians: $77,030
- Real estate brokers and sales agents: $48,770
- Wholesale and manufacturing sales representatives: $62,890
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the business administration degree, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and capabilities essential to business administration
- Understand the balance between theory and practice as it applies to the various sectors of the world of business, accounting, finance, marketing and economics
- Exercise effective interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Use technology strategically to enhance their productivity and effectiveness on both individual and organizational levels
- Evidence professionalism, integrity and ethics
- Learn from faculty with extensive business and accounting experience.
- Seamlessly continue your education in one of Immaculata’s bachelor’s degrees in business, including business management, business leadership, finance, financial planning, human resource management, marketing management or supply chain management.
- Transfer credits into this program or earn credit for workplace training through Immaculata’s Credit for Prior Learning program.
- Take pride in earning a respected credential that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). This accreditation certifies that Immaculata’s business programs meet the rigorous educational standards established by ACBSP.
Major Courses 39 Credits
- Accounting Principles I and II or Financial and Managerial Accounting 6 credits
- Business Computer Applications 3 credits
- Business Management 3 credits
- Business & Technical Writing or Business & Professional Speaking 3 credits
- Principles of Macroeconomics 3 credits
- Principles of Microeconomics 3 credits
- Business Administration Electives 12 credits
- Math for Managers, Intermediate Math or Applied Calculus 3 credits
- Math for Managers II, Intermediate Math II or Applied Calculus II 3 credits
Liberal Arts Core 27 Credits (6 Credits Fulfilled By Major)
- Composition (English/Writing) 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World/Quantitative Reasoning (Lab Science/Math) 3 credits, satisfied by major
- Human Creativity/Historical Consciousness & Social Consciousness/Global Society
- (Art, Literature/History/Social Science/Economics/Foreign Language, Culture) 3 credits satisfied by major, 9 credits total
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion, Theology) 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 3 credits
Total 63 Credits
You can apply to Immaculata’s adult professional programs in four simple steps. If you have questions, please contact us via email@example.com or by phone at 484-323-3060.
In our new business lab, you have access to real-world business news, financial data and software used by professionals in the industry, giving you a head start in your career.
Josh Gribben applied concepts from Immaculata’s business programs to his job and, after demonstrating additional skills, was promoted to sales operations manager. Read more.
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.