Adult Professional Studies
At a Glance
- Program: Bachelor of Science in Business Leadership (degree completion program)
- Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
- Format: Online; 7-week sessions
- Next Start Date: July 5, 2023
- Cost: $465 per credit
- Time to Completion: Approximately two years, depending on credits transferred
Sharpen your management and analytical skills for the for-profit or nonprofit sector.
In a rapidly changing, globalized environment, Immaculata’s business leadership program will equip you to practice vision-driven leadership and strategic innovation. You will explore leadership theories and real-life business scenarios to develop your own leadership style and empower you to:
- Align stakeholders and resources to meet goals
- Manage projects and change initiatives
- Lead high-performing teams
- Communicate more effectively
- Understand group dynamics
- Resolve conflict
Opportunities and Outcomes
This versatile major opens the door to a wealth of career options as a business leader in various contexts and industries, such as:
- Budget or financial analyst
- Financial examiner
- Human resources specialist
- Management analyst
- Market research analyst
- Operations manager
- Project management specialist
- Training and development specialist
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the business degree program, students will:
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and capabilities essential to business leadership
- Understand the balance between theory and practice as it applies to the various sectors of the world of business, accounting, finance, marketing and economics
- Exercise effective interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Use technology strategically to enhance their productivity and effectiveness on both individual and organizational levels
- Evidence professionalism, integrity and ethics
Learn from faculty with extensive business and leadership experience. You will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Technology—Use business software to analyze data, make decisions and solve problems.
- Accounting—Interpret financial statements for planning and controlling.
- Marketing—Create and communicate value in the marketplace.
- Business continuity management—Plan disaster response and recovery strategies.
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), which certifies that the program meets the rigorous educational standards established by ACBSP.
You can maximize your previous coursework by transferring up to 72 credits into the program. Learn more about opportunities for Credit for Prior Learning.
Major Courses (55 Credits)
- Cultural Modes of Expression (3 credits)
- Writing for Applied Research (3 credits)
- Effective Business Communication in the Digital Age (3 credits)
- Technology in Decision Making (3 credits)
- Innovative Marketing Strategies (3 credits)
- Global Economics (3 credits)
- Business Analytics (3 credits)
- Finance for Decision Making (4 credits)
- Practices in Management and Leadership (3 credits)
- Managing Human Capital (3 credits)
- Corporate Law & Social Responsibility (3 credits)
- Team Leadership and Coaching (3 credits)
- Global Leadership (3 credits)
- Project Planning & Implementation (3 credits)
- Emergency Risk & Management (3 credits)
- Leading Strategy & Change in Business (3 credits)
- Organizational Ethics (3 credits)
- Foundations of Spiritual Freedoms or Christian Faith in Action (3 credits)
Liberal Arts Core 36 Credits (15 Fulfilled By Major)
- Composition (Writing) 3 credits satisfied by major 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World (Lab Science) 3 credits
- Quantitative Reasoning (Mathematics) 3 credits
- Human Creativity (Art, Literature, Music) 3 credits
- Social Consciousness (Sociology, Psychology, Economics) 3 credits satisfied by major 3 credits
- Historical Consciousness (History) 3 credits
- Global Society (Foreign Language/Culture) 3 credits satisfied by major 3 credits
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion, Theology) 3 credits satisfied by major 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 3 credits satisfied by major 6 credits
Electives 50 Credits
Total 126 Credits
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for business and financial professionals is $76,570, much higher than the average salary for all occupations.
Josh Gribben applied concepts from Immaculata’s business programs to his job and, after demonstrating additional skills, was promoted to sales operations manager. Read more.
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.