Psy.D. Application Process and Admissions Requirements
Admission for the doctoral program in clinical psychology is available for the fall semester. Qualified applicants must possess a master’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum 3.0 (B) grade point average OR a bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field with a minimum of 12 credits in psychology from an accredited institution with a minimum 3.3 grade point average. A complete application for admission will include the following:
- Submitted online application
- $75.00 application fee – electronic payment or check payable to Immaculata University
- Official transcript(s) of your academic record from each undergraduate and graduate school attended. An official transcript verifying completion of prerequisite degrees is required. Official transcripts should be forwarded to you from the school registrar(s). Request that the school enclose the transcript(s) in a sealed envelope, with the registrar’s name signed across the seal. Official transcripts are to remain confidential. Do not open the envelope containing your official transcript when it is returned to you. If the seal has been broken on the envelope, your entire application will be returned to you.
- Three completed reference forms appraising your capacity for doctoral study. Note: Complete and sign the top portion of the reference form and forward it with a self-addressed envelope to the individual who will be providing your reference. When it has been returned to you, send the sealed envelope with the rest of your application materials. References must remain confidential. Do not open references returned to you for submission with your application.
- Personal goals statement: a two-page, double-spaced, typed and signed statement of your educational pursuits in psychology.
- Official score reports for the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) sent directly to the College of Graduate Studies by the testing center. **Please allow 4 weeks for test scores to be reported to Immaculata University.
- For specific MAT information, visit the Pearson website or contact the Psychological Corporation, Control Testing Center, 555 Academic Court, San Antonio, TX 78204 (1-800-622-3231).
- For GRE information, visit the website or contact Graduate Record Examinations, Educational Testing Services, P.O. Box 6000, Princeton, NJ 08541-6000 (1-800-473-2255). Immaculata’s GRE code number is 2320.
- International students must have the official TOEFL score sent directly to the College of Graduate Studies. If you are an international student, you must submit additional documentation.
ALL REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE.
Psy.D. application deadlines for the next Fall semester: Early Decision – October 1st; Final deadline – January 15th. (If dates fall on a weekend, the deadline is the following business day.)
Supporting documentation may be uploaded to your admission portal, emailed, faxed or mailed to:
Clinical Psychology Psy.D. Admission Committee
Loyola Hall 229B, 1145 King Road
Immaculata, PA 19345
For additional application information, please contact Graduate Admissions at 484-323-3005 or email@example.com.