Ed.D. (Higher Ed) Application Process and Admissions Requirements
All students entering the program must hold a master’s degree. The 60 credits of the Higher Education Ed.D. are in addition to your master’s degree.
Please submit all materials in a single large envelope. A complete application for admission will include the following:
- Apply online and submit the $75 application fee (Please make check payable to Immaculata University).
- Official transcript(s) of your academic record from each undergraduate and graduate school attended. Official transcripts verifying completion of prerequisite degrees should be forwarded to you from the school registrar(s). Request that the school enclose the transcript(s) in a sealed envelope, with the registrar’s name signed across the seal. Do not open the envelope when it has been returned to you. If the seal has been broken on the envelope, your entire application will be returned to you.
- Applicants to the Nursing Education concentration must be registered nurses (RNs) and hold an earned Master of Science in the field of nursing.
- Two completed reference forms appraising your capacity for doctoral study. Complete and sign the top portion of the reference form and forward it with an envelope to the individual who will be providing your professional reference. Write your name and address on the envelope, and when it has been returned to you, return the SEALED envelope with the rest of your application materials. Do not open the envelope when it has been returned to you.
A goals statement, in the form of a two-page, double spaced, typed and signed statement of your educational pursuits in higher education.
- Academic background. Applicants must have an acceptable GPA in undergraduate and graduate work: an acceptable master’s GPA is generally 3.0 or higher.
- Official TOEFL or APIEL score sent directly to the College of Graduate Studies if you are an international student, along with additional documentation.
Please feel free to contact Graduate Admissions at 484-323-3005 or email@example.com.
Please send the supporting documents to:
Doctor of Education HED Admission Committee
Immaculata University, Lillian P. Lettiere Center #118, 1145 King Road
Immaculata, PA 19345
Students may apply to the doctoral program in Higher Education for the fall, spring, or summer semesters. Please see the application deadlines for the program.
Note: Applicants with Criminal Histories
Applicants with criminal findings may not be eligible for admission to Immaculata University, except in outstanding circumstances as determined by the president. Applicants having convictions (other than minor traffic violations) will be asked to submit full disclosure of the facts and circumstances of the incident for review by the office of admission or by the College of Graduate Studies offices on a case-by-case basis.