Freshman Admission Requirements
- Admission application
- Official secondary school transcripts
Official SAT or ACT test scores are optional. Please submit your test scores to be considered for our full-tuition presidential scholarship and for our Honors Program.
Students who have taken Advanced Placement tests of The College Board and have achieved an acceptable score (as established by individual departments) are eligible for the appropriate number of college credits per test taken. The Dean of the College of Undergraduate Studies will determine how the credits are applied in the student’s academic program.
Immaculata University participates in the Advanced Placement program of The College Board. A student may be exempted from courses in certain departments/divisions provided the student can demonstrate to the department/division concerned that the student has reasonable competence in the material of the course. Students who have taken Advanced Placement tests of The College Board (including the APIEL) and have achieved an acceptable score (as established by individual departments) are eligible for the appropriate number of college credits per test taken. The Dean of the College of Undergraduate Studies will determine how the credits are applied in the student’s academic program. Credit will be given provided the student does not register in a course that covers substantially the same material.
Advanced placement without credit may be arranged in language and certain other sequential courses at the discretion of the department/division involved. Students receiving advanced placement or credit are required to take the normal load for the semester. Students are urged to enter more advanced courses if their previous work has prepared them to do so.
|AP Exam||Min. AP Score Required||Credits Awarded|
|Art History||3||3 (ART 208)|
|Biology||3||3 (BIO 103 or 6 credits if score of 5)|
|Calculus AB||4||3 (MATH 207 )|
|Calculus BC||4||6 (MATH 207 and 208)|
|Chemistry||3||3 (CHEM 101 or CHEM 103 for score of 4)|
|Chinese Language & Culture||3||3 (EFOR 100)|
|Comparative Gov’t & Politics||3||3 (POL 202)|
|Computer Science A||4||3 (CIS 218)|
|Computer Science AB||4||6 (CIS 218 and CIS 351)|
|English Language & Composition||3||3 (ENG 106) *|
|English Literature & Composition||3||3 (ENG 106) *|
|Environmental Science||3||3 (BIOL 113)|
|European History||3||3 (EHIS 100)|
|French Language & Culture||3||3 (FREN 101)|
|Human Geography||3||3 (GEO 101)|
|Italian Language & Culture||3||3 (EFOR 100)|
|Japanese Language & Culture||3||3 (EFOR 100)|
|Macroeconomics||3||3 (ECO 201)|
|Microeconomics||3||3 (ECO 202)|
|Music Theory||4||4 (2 cr. MUS 130 and 2 cr. MUS 131)|
|Physics I||4||4 PHY 152|
|Physics II||4||4 PHY 153|
|Physics B||3||3 (PHY 150 or 6 credits for score of 5)|
|Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism||4||4 PHY 204|
|Physics C: Mechanics||4||4 PHY 203|
|Psychology||3||3 (PSY 101)|
|Spanish Language & Culture||3||3 (SPAN 101)|
|Statistics||3||3 (PSY 208 or ECO 307)|
|Studio Art: 2D Design||3||3 (ART 102)|
|Studio Art: 3D Design||3||3 (ART 306)|
|Studio Art: Drawing||3||3 (ART 102)|
|U.S. Gov’t & Politics||3||3 (POL 201)|
|U.S. History||3||3 (EHIS 100)|
|World History||3||3 (HIST 116)|
|*If student is enrolled in Honors, credit for ENG 117 is awarded for a score of 4
*If both AP English exams have a score of 3, 6 credits are awarded
Nursing Students (pre-licensure)
Apply now – the priority deadline is January 30 (first-time applicants only).
Since admission to the nursing program is competitive, meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the program. If you would like to major in nursing, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Have evidence of legal authorization to work for any employer in the United States. Students who are unable to provide evidence of documented legal immigration status or citizenship will not be able to complete the required clinical experiences, which will impact their ability to meet course outcomes. In addition, they may be unable to obtain an R.N. license and secure employment in a health care setting.
- High school transcript with a GPA of 3.0 or higher with courses to include three units of mathematics (one of which is algebra) and two units of science, with related laboratory or the equivalent.
Freshman nursing students may only start in the fall term. Transfer students must submit a transcript from previous college(s) documenting successful completion of at least 24 credits at an accredited institution. College GPA must be generally in the area of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, with a minimum of a C+ in any required science course if applicable. Please see the full admission requirements for transfer students below.
If you are an international student applying to become a full-time freshman at Immaculata University, you must submit the results of any leaving certificates or university entrance exams and complete the requirements listed here.
International Transfer Students
If you are an international student who plans to transfer to Immaculata University as a full-time student, you must complete all of the application requirements for international freshmen students, in addition to the following:
- Have completed 24 or more credits at the college level (post-secondary). If you have fewer than 24 credits, you must submit your official SAT, ACT, TOEFL, Duolingo, and/or IELTS scores.
- If you are transferring from another institution within the United States, you are required to complete a transfer verification form. You should submit that form to your DSO (designated school official) who will transmit your SEVIS record to Immaculata electronically.
Allied Health Partnership Programs with Thomas Jefferson University
If you are planning to study allied health at IU and transfer to Thomas Jefferson University to complete your clinical training in bioscience technologies, cardiovascular invasive technology, sonography, nuclear medicine technology, pre-pharmacy, or radiologic sciences, please ensure that you meet Jefferson’s admission requirements for your clinical specialty.
Transfer Admission Requirements
If you are planning to transfer to Immaculata, please complete your application and submit:
- Transcripts of all previous college coursework.
- If you have fewer than 24 college credits, you must submit your high school transcript, and you have the option of submitting your SAT/ACT scores.
- Completed conduct certification form. (This form is only required if you have attended a four-year college or university.)
Music and Music Therapy Students
Music and music therapy students must arrange for an audition.
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.