Music scholarships are available to exceptional students completing a successful audition by February 22. The audition experience is an opportunity for prospective students and their families to:
- Demonstrate the level of musical skill in the prospective student’s major performance area.
- Visit the Music Department and learn about the specific music programs.
- Meet music faculty and current music students.
- Tour the campus and music facilities.
Prospective students should contact the Music Department at (610) 647-4400 ext. 3453 or e-mail email@example.com to arrange for an audition time and to submit the Music Department application.
- Prepare and perform two solo pieces in contrasting styles which best demonstrate skills in the primary performance area. These need not be memorized and vocalists are not required to sing in a foreign language. Please bring two copies of each performance piece to the audition.
- If an accompanist is needed, you must mail or fax the music to the Music Department two full weeks prior to the audition date. Fax number is 484-323-3901.
- Percussionists must perform on at least two instruments: snare drum, timpani, keyboard percussion.
- If you are not primarily a pianist, demonstrate proficiency, if any, at the piano.
- If you are not primarily a vocalist, sing a song of your choice.
- Sight read a simple melodic vocal line and a rhythmic exercise.
- Complete a test in music fundamentals, including key signatures, basic rhythms, treble/bass clef reading, basic intervals, major/minor scale patterns, and basic triads. This test is designed for placement in the appropriate music theory class.
- Students auditioning for the music therapy program prepare a song to sing while playing either piano or guitar. This should be a pop tune, children’s song, original composition, or selection from a musical.
- Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018
- Saturday, Jan. 19, 2019
- Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019
- Saturday, Feb. 16, 2019
- Saturday, March 9, 2019
- Saturday, March 30, 2019
- Saturday, April 13, 2019