Immaculata University aims to develop responsible and self-reliant individuals. However, it also recognizes the University’s role to assume leadership in forming values, rather than blindly following transient societal trends. The University has therefore set certain universal human values—honesty, integrity, charity and consideration—as standards toward which each student can strive. Immaculata University encourages individual freedom and personal choice, but expects of its students recognition of their responsibilities as outlined in the statements below.
- We, the students of Immaculata University, shall seek excellence in the classroom, on the playing field, and in positions of leadership and service across our campus.
- As a community of scholars, we shall work together with faculty to create an environment conducive to teaching and learning.
- As a community of persons, we shall treat each other with compassion, with dignity, and with civility—avoiding bigotry, racism, and sexism and learning from each other through the diversity we bring to Immaculata University.
- As persons, we shall be honest and just in all that we do, recognizing that we can never be greater than the integrity of our words and deeds.
- As citizens of a global community, we shall act responsibly, both on campus and off—governing our actions not only by our personal needs and desires but also by a concern for the welfare of others, for the general good of humankind, and for the environment upon which we mutually depend.
- Recognizing that communities cannot exist without values and codes of conduct, we shall search for enduring values, and we shall adhere to those codes of conduct, which have been established by and for members of Immaculata University.
- When we leave Immaculata, we shall leave it better than we found it—and, in support of this goal, we pledge our loyalty and our service to this institution, which we have chosen as our own.
Excerpt taken from the Immaculata University Policy Manual, Volume VI, 184.108.40.206.
Immaculata University student policies can be viewed by accessing the Immaculata University Policy Manual on the MyIU Portal. Non-academic policies related to community standards and student conduct can be found in Volumes I, II, and VI.
You can view the complete IU Policy Manual on MyIU.