Adult Professional Studies
At a Glance
- Program: Associate of Arts in Psychology
- Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
- Format: Face-to-face classes
- Next Start Date: July 5, 2023
- Cost: $250 per credit
- Time to Completion: Approximately two years
Understand human minds and behavior to help people.
Explore the science behind human behavior through studying psychological theories and research.
Understand the psychology of human diversity and apply your knowledge and social skills ethically.
Opportunities and Outcomes
An associate degree in psychology prepares you for further education or a variety of jobs in social services, business or education that require strong people skills. You can work as a:
- Social and human services assistant
- Community health worker
- Teacher assistant or special education aide
- Psychiatric technicians and aides
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Identify and utilize aspects of psychological theory to explain human behavior scientifically and objectively
- Identify theory and research central to the major domains of the field
- Exhibit appreciation for psychological dimensions of human diversity
- Employ ethical knowledge and skills appropriate to level of experience and education
- Exhibit quantitative literacy and understand the role of statistics in psychological research
Maximize your previous coursework by transferring credits into the program, or earn credit for workplace training through Immaculata’s Credit for Prior Learning program.
This associate degree is a stackable credential, allowing you to transfer seamlessly into a bachelor’s degree at Immaculata, such as a Bachelor of Science in Organizational Behavior or a B.A. in Psychology.
Major Courses 36 Credits
- Foundations in Psychology 3 credits
- Child Development 3 credits
- Cross-Cultural Psychology or Social Psychology 3 credits
- Statistics 3 credits
- Applied Psychology 3 credits
- Health Psychology 3 credits
- Principles of Psychological Testing 3 credits
- Theories of Personality 3 credits
- Abnormal Psychology 3 credits
- Self-Awareness Through Groups 3 credits
- Lifespan Development 3 credits
- Introduction to Counseling 3 credits
Liberal Arts Core 27 Credits
- Composition (English/Writing) 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World/Quantitative Reasoning (Lab Science/Math) 3 credits
- Human Creativity/Historical & Social Consciousness/Global Society
- (Art, Literature, History, Social Science, Economics, Foreign Language & Culture) 9 credits
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion, Theology) 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 3 credits
Total 63 Credits
You can apply to Immaculata’s adult professional programs in four simple steps. If you have questions, please contact us via email@example.com or by phone at 484-323-3060.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates much faster than average job growth for social and human services assistants and community health workers and faster than average job growth for psychiatric technicians and aides.
For Tim Schaffer, an associate degree from Immaculata led to supervisory roles at his company. Read more.
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.