Adult Professional Studies
At a Glance
- Program: Associate of Arts in General Studies
- Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
- Format: face-to-face, hybrid and online
- Next Start Date: August 28, 2023
- Cost: $250 per credit
- Time to Completion: Approximately two years
Discover General Studies at Immaculata University
Majoring in general studies provides the theory and practice for establishing foundational knowledge and skills that are applicable in most workplaces and prepares adult learners for advanced studies in various disciplines. General studies introduces key concepts in the natural and social sciences, humanities, ethics, other cultures, and the arts and enables students to explore their academic interests.
Opportunities and Outcomes
Explore different educational and career paths during your academic journey as you gain marketable skills that immediately apply to the workplace. After completing this degree in general studies, you will be able to:
- Communicate clearly and persuasively, using a wide variety of modalities.
- Read, write, speak, and listen analytically and with logical judgment.
- Understand, respect, and promote cultural diversity in the world.
- Utilize technology effectively and efficiently to find, analyze, store, and communicate information.
- Utilize sound, ethics-based decision-making skills.
Students earning an Associate of Arts in General Studies are positioned for exciting careers within various industries.
Where Can I Work?
Graduates with an associate degree in general studies can apply their knowledge and skills to a variety of positions and industries.
Program Delivery and Structure
The Associate of Arts in General Studies degree requires 63 credits that can be completed in approximately two years. Courses are offered in various formats, including face-to-face, hybrid and online.
Tuition per credit is $250 and students can transfer in previous college credits and earn credit for equivalent work experience.
Various types of financing options are available to assist students. For further information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 484-323-3028, or email email@example.com.
If you choose to continue your studies, you can easily move into IU’s bachelor’s degree in liberal studies or numerous other programs.
Major Courses – 24 credits
- Information Systems, Computer Science or Interactive Digital Media Requirement
- Humanities Requirement
- Social Science Requirement
- Additional Social Science Requirement
- Effective Communication in the Digital Age
- Adult Development and Life Assessment OR Lifespan Development
- Ethics Requirement
- Cultural Modes of Expression
Liberal Arts Core – 27 credits
- Composition (English/Writing) 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World/Quantitative Reasoning (Lab Science/Math) 3 credits
- Community 9 credits
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion, Theology) 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 3 credits
ELECTIVES – 12 credits
TOTAL – 63 credits
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.