Adult Professional Studies
Discover General Studies at Immaculata University
Majoring in general studies will introduce you to the theory and practice of a variety of fields—the natural and social sciences, humanities, ethics, other cultures, and the arts. Studying these varied disciplines will form you as a whole person and help you explore what interests you and what you want to contribute to the world.
- Take advantage of affordable, reduced tuition of $250 per credit.
- Transfer up to 39 credits into this 63-credit program.
- Take accelerated courses, either face-to-face, fully online, or a blend of both.
- If you choose to continue your studies and earn a bachelor’s degree, you can seamlessly transition into the B.A. in liberal studies or numerous other programs at Immaculata.
At Immaculata, you can earn your associate degree at a private university with strong retention rates. You will explore different educational and career paths as you work toward a college-level credential.
When you complete this degree in general studies, you will be able to:
- Communicate clearly and persuasively, using a wide variety of modalities.
- Read, write, speak, and listen analytically and with logical judgment.
- Understand, respect, and promote cultural diversity in the world.
- Utilize technology effectively and efficiently to find, analyze, store, and communicate information.
- Utilize sound, ethics-based decision-making skills.
Where Can I work?
Employers in numerous industries consistently hire people who have a well-rounded education. As technology and the economy change, some technical and vocational training may quickly become obsolete. But a broad education gives you timeless intellectual and practical skills that make you more marketable and allow you to adapt.
With an associate degree in general studies, you will become a more informed citizen of your community who is empowered to lead and serve.