Adult Professional Studies
At a Glance
- Program: Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
- Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
- Format: face-to-face, hybrid and online classes
- Next Start Date: May 15, 2023
- Cost: $465 per credit
- Time to Completion: Four years if studying full time (dependent upon any transferable credits)
Gain timeless intellectual and practical skills that apply to most careers.
The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies prepares graduates for career change and advancement as well as for graduate study.
Opportunities and Outcomes
Liberal studies is an interdisciplinary program that provides a well-rounded, comprehensive education that prepares students for career change and advancement and graduate study.
The benefits of a liberal studies education are the diverse skills and knowledge students glean from their undergraduate degree. These skills are applicable to many professions.
All courses in the program are offered in various formats, including face-to-face, hybrid and online.
The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies degree requires 126 credits that you can finish in eight semesters. Classes are held during the day and evening.
Tuition per credit is $465, and students can transfer in previous college credits and earn credit for equivalent work experience.
Various types of financing options are available to assist students. For further information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 484-323-3028, or email email@example.com.
Major Courses (45 Credits)
- Principles of Economics 3 credits
- Advanced Composition 3 credits
- Social Media Dynamics 3 credits
- Public Speaking or Business and Professional Speaking 3 credits
- Introduction to the Liberal Arts OR Introduction to Philosophy 3 credits
- Liberal Studies Colloquium 3 credits
- Capstone Project 3 credits
- 6 credits in 100-level Math or higher 6 credits
- 18 credits from either Humanities or Social Science cluster (See course catalog for specific course options) 18 credits
Liberal Arts Core (36 Credits)
- Composition (Writing) 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World (Lab Science) 3 credits
- Quantitative Reasoning (Mathematics) 3 credits
- Human Creativity (Art, Literature, Music) 3 credits
- Social Consciousness (Sociology, Psychology, Economics) 3 credits
- Historical Consciousness (History) 3 credits
- Global Society (Foreign Language/Culture) 3 credits
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion, Theology) 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 6 credits
Electives 45 Credits
Total 126 Credits
You can apply to Immaculata’s adult professional programs in four simple steps. If you have questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 484-323-3060.
Personally interesting and professionally relevant, the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies is an interdisciplinary program that allows you to select a humanities or social sciences concentration.
Graduates also have a seamless pathway to Immaculata’s ten master’s degree programs.
Robert Brockenbrough ’22 enhanced his skills as a police officer by completing a B.S. in emergency planning and management. Read more.
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.