Immaculata’s Associate of Arts in Education lays the foundation for an in-demand field.
The Associate of Arts degree in Education provides a strong introductory foundation for individuals who are interested in pursuing careers in schools, childcare facilities, learning technology providers, and more.
All of the required coursework in the associate’s program is directly applicable to Immaculata’s Bachelor of Arts in Education to make for a seamless transition for those who want to continue on to pursue a B.A.
At A Glance
Program: Associate of Arts
Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
Format: Face-to-face classes
Next Start Date: January 16, 2024
Cost: $250 per credit
Time to Completion Approximately five semesters of full-time study
"The Education program is filled with the best professors, the most engaging and enriching courses and countless opportunities to get hands-on teaching experience. Each professor in the education department has a wealth of knowledge to share from their own experiences, and they all share the same passion and dedication."
Where can I work?
Immaculata’s Associate of Art in Education lays the foundation for a fruitful educational career. Many graduates continue on to a baccalaureate program, while others pursue related careers as teaching assistants, childcare specialists, learning coordinators and more.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 5% job growth for teacher assistants between 2021 and 2031, which is as fast as the average rate for all occupations.
Program Delivery and Structure
The Associate of Art in Education degree requires 63 credits that you can finish in as few as two years. Courses are offered in various formats, including face-to-face, hybrid and online.
Tuition per credit is $250, and students can transfer in previous college credits and earn credit for equivalent work experience.
Various types of financing options are available to assist students. For further information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 484-323-3028, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students in the associate degree program can transition seamlessly into Immaculata’s Bachelor of Arts in Education. If desired, students can add a fifth year to their bachelor’s program to earn their master’s in education.
Curriculum (63 credits)
Major Courses – 42 Credits
- Science for Elementary Education
- Public Speaking
- Sophomore I Field Experience – 40 hours
- Sophomore II Field Experience – 40 hours
- Multicultural Education
- Educational Psychology
- Science and Technology Methods
- Creative Thought and Expression
- Children’s Literature
- Fundamentals of Reading Instruction
- Intro to Special Education
- Adolescent Literature
- Math for Educators I
- Math for Educators II
- Child Development
- Sociology of the Family
Liberal Arts Core – 27 Credits (9 fulfilled by major)
- Composition (English/Writing) 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World/Quantitative Reasoning (Lab Science/Math) 3 credits; fulfilled by major
- Human Creativity/Historical & Social Consciousness/Global Society (Art, Literature, History, Social Science, Economics, Foreign Language & Culture) 9 credits; 6 credits fulfilled by major
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion, Theology) 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 3 credits
Electives – 3 Credits
Total – 63 Credits
The Associate of Arts in Education is an excellent option for individuals working as
- childcare specialists: $27,490
- teaching assistants: $29,360
- preschool teacher: $30,210
- corporate trainer: $58,619