Student Accounts & Billing FAQ

When will I receive my bill?

Initial term bills are mailed approximately one month prior to the start of the term.  Electronic bills are also available for review on MyIU. Once logged in to MyIU go to Student Finances. When these bills are generated, an email notification is sent to your Immaculata email account and to any authorized users set up in the payment system.  Checks can be mailed to Immaculata University, Business Office, 1145 King Road, Villa Maria #14, Immaculata, PA 19345-0631.

What are the payment due dates?

  • Fall Term: August*
  • Spring Term:  Early December*
  • Summer Terms: Early April*

*Specific due dates will be provided on the bill.

What happens if I don’t pay my bill on time (account hold and late fee)?

An account hold is placed on your student account and a late fee in the amount of $30 is assessed monthly when the balance due for payments is not received as scheduled.

Why do I have a “hold” on my student account?

Students with outstanding financial obligations, including tuition; fees; room and board; parking fines; etc., will have a hold placed on their account and may not be permitted to register for subsequent semesters, receive official transcripts or grades, or participate in graduation until the reason for the hold is satisfied.

How long does it take for the “hold” to be removed after payment?

It takes approximately 24 hours from the time the payment is made and the hold is removed from your account through an automated computer process.

Does IU have an Installment Payment Plan?

Yes, the Installment Payment Plan is available to any student who has a minimum account balance of $200.  The plan distributes payments across four due dates each term for College of Undergraduate Studies (CUS) students and three due dates each term for College of Adult Professional Studies (CAPS) and College of Graduate Studies (CGS) students. Enrollment is required each term, and there is a $25 non-refundable installment plan enrollment fee charged each term and due at the time of enrollment. The Installment Plan Enrollment form is available on MyIU on the Student Finances page under Student Account Resources.

When will I receive my refund?

Refunds are mailed to the home address you provided, or you may elect to have your funds deposited directly into your bank account. You can sign up for direct deposit by logging in to MyIU and going to Student Finances. You must sign up at least five days prior to the expected refund. Refunds are based on the disbursement of funds and in the order in which they are received on the student account.  Refunds are issued to the student unless the Parent PLUS Loan creates the credit to be refunded.  In this case the refund is issued to the borrower.

How do I get my work-study check?

You must come to the Business Office, 14 Villa Maria, to pick up your checks or sign up for direct deposit with the payroll office.

What is a One Card and how do I put money on it?

The One Card is your photo identification card that is used for a variety of purposes: meal plan card, building access control, library card, vending and bookstore purchases.  You can transfer money onto your One Card in person at the Student Accounts/Business Office or by phone at Student Accounts (610) 647-4400 ext. 3174.  There is no online service at this time.

May I pay for my books at the Immaculata Bookstore with my One Card?

Yes, we suggest that you go to the Bookstore to determine the cost of your books and then, if you have a pending financial aid balance or credit balance on your account, have the amount needed applied to your One Card (up to $800) to cover the cost of the book purchases.

What will delay or prevent me from attending class or moving into student housing?

  • Your student account is not paid in full by the term due date.
  • You are not current with the Installment Payment Plan.
  • You haven’t completed all of your financial aid requirements.

What is the best way to stay informed about my financial aid and student account?

Visit MyIU and check your SSIU (Self-Service IU) account and Immaculata email weekly throughout the year for important and timely communications.

What do I do if I still have a balance for my tuition and fees?

Available options include enrolling in the Installment Payment Plan. In addition, parents can apply for a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan, and students can apply for Private Alternative Loans.

What is financial clearance?

If you have an account balance at the beginning of the fall term, you must meet with a financial aid counselor and student accounts representative to develop and sign a financial plan that will cover the account balance before you are permitted to move in or attend classes.

Discover Immaculata

Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.

Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.