- Student Accounts & Billing FAQ
- RELATED PAGES
- Facilities/Event Reservations
When will I receive my bill?
Immaculata uses electronic billing. Invoices and monthly statements are available on the MyIU student portal, in the Student Account Center tile. Semester invoices are generated approximately 4 weeks prior to the semester payment due date. An invoice email notification is sent to the students Immaculata email and to any authorized users.
What are the payment due dates?
- Fall Term: Early August*
- Spring Term: Mid December*
- Summer Terms: Late April*
*Specific due dates will be provided on the bill.
How do I make a payment?
- Online, through the MyIU student portal, in the Student Account Center tile.
- ACH or e-check payments do not have a convenience fee.
- Debit/Credit card transactions are available through TouchNet PayPath, there is a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.85% or minimum $3 charge.
- By mail, Make check payable to Immaculata University and mail to: Business Office VM #14, 1145 West King Road, Immaculata, PA 19345. Include student name and ID# on the check.
- In person at the Business Office located in Rm. #14, terrace level of Villa Maria between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Credit card transactions are not accepted.
- A payment drop box is located outside the Business Office doors. Include student name and ID# in on the check.
What happens if I don’t pay my bill on time (account hold and late fee)?
An account hold is placed on your student account and a late fee in the amount of $30 is assessed monthly when the balance due for payment is not received.
Immaculata reserves the right to drop course schedules for non-payment. If this happens, students will be notified to their Immaculata email.
Why do I have a “hold” on my student account?
Students with outstanding financial obligations, will have a hold placed on their account and may not be permitted to register for subsequent semesters, receive transcripts, grades, or participate in graduation until the reason for the hold is satisfied.
How long does it take for the “hold” to be removed after payment?
The financial hold is removed from your account through an automated computer process at the top of each hour after payment is received.
Does IU have an Installment Payment Plan?
Yes, the IU Installment Payment Plan is available to any student who has a minimum account balance of $200. The plan distributes payments across due dates within each term. There is a $25 non-refundable enrollment fee payable at time of enrollment, and an enrollment form is required each term. The Installment Plan Enrollment form is available on MyIU, using the menu bar on the left, select Resources, then Student Finances and scroll down to Business Office Documents and Forms.
When will I receive my refund?
Refunds will be available the second Friday after classes begin or once you meet eligibility. To be eligible for a refund all your classes must have started. Refunds are mailed to the home address you provided, or you may elect to have your funds deposited directly into your bank account. Students can sign up for direct deposit through MyIU , in the Student Account Center. Refunds are based on the disbursement of funds and in the order in which they are received on the student account. Refunds are issued to the student unless the Parent PLUS Loan creates the credit to be refunded. In this case the refund is issued to the borrower.
What is a University OneCard?
The University OneCard is your photo identification card that is used for a variety of purposes: meal plans, building access, library card, and bookstore purchases. You may add personal funds to your OneCard online. Log into MyIU, select the OneCard tile from the Student Dashboard.
If you have a credit balance on your student account, you may request to have funds transferred to your OneCard for book purchases. We recommend you estimate the cost of books prior to contacting student accounts who will transfer the funds to the OneCard. Transfer amounts cannot exceed $800.
What will delay or prevent me from attending class or moving into student housing?
- Your student account is not paid in full by the term due date.
- You are not current with the Installment Payment Plan.
- You haven’t completed all your financial aid requirements.
What is the best way to stay informed about my financial aid and student account?
- Check your Immaculata student email weekly throughout the year for important and timely communications.
- Visit MyIU to view your student account transactions and financial aid status.
What do I do if I still have a balance for my tuition and fees?
- Enroll in the IU Installment Payment Plan.
- Parents can apply for a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan.
- Students can apply for Private Alternative Loans.
What is financial clearance?
If you have an account balance after the semester payment due date, your course schedule may be dropped. If this happens, students will receive an email notification. Once the account is paid, your course schedule will be reinstated. If you are unable to pay the balance, we suggest contacting a financial aid representative to discuss a financial plan to cover the account balance.
Students are responsible for providing to their employer the necessary documents to receive timely reimbursement. Immaculata offers a Course Reimbursement by Term document that may assist with reimbursement. The Course Reimbursement by Term document lists course, tuition, and grade information. The form is located in S.S.IU; select Student then Student Course Reimbursement.
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.