Immaculata’s new IHM Student Center, now under construction, will be an inviting hang-out space for all students—graduate and undergraduate, residents and commuters.
Named in honor of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (IHM), the center will be a cozy environment where you can build friendships and find a sense of belonging within the IU community.
This three-story, nearly 11,000-square-foot building sits on a steeply sloped site with panoramic views of the Great Valley. Its features will include:
- A 20-foot-high lounge area with a dramatic floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace, plenty of soft seating, and a large television screen.
- A dining area with a snack bar, an open grill, and a self-serve counter for beverages and milkshakes.
- 34 exercise stations with state-of-the-art equipment, including machines outfitted with LED monitors for streaming your favorite shows.
- A game room with two electronic gaming stations, a shuffle-board table, ping-pong table, pool table, and vending machines.
- A multi-purpose room equipped with a projector, screen and two large television monitors to facilitate movie nights, club meetings, and musical or theatrical performances.
Construction will continue throughout the summer with an anticipated opening for the fall 2018 semester.
The IHM Student Center will be a gathering space that facilitates the lively discussions, close friendships and social energy that you can expect from student life at IU.