Student Employment

Immaculata University offers employment opportunities to students seeking additional financial assistance, leadership opportunities, and resume building. We strongly encourage you to seek positions that provide experience for your future educational or career goals. Immaculata does not place students in work-study positions. Instead, you are free to apply for whichever position(s) you prefer.

Immaculata offers a federal work-study program. If you have federal work-study listed on your financial aid award summary, we encourage you to apply for a position you like. The Office of Financial Aid will make every effort to assist students in meeting the eligibility guidelines for employment. The federal work-study program is funded by the federal government. Your eligibility is determined based on financial need according to your FAFSA each year. Community service positions are also available through the Campus Ministry Office for federal work-study.

  • Federal work-study is not deducted from your university bill. You will receive a monthly paycheck for hours worked.
  • You may work the number of hours agreed upon by your department supervisor.
  • You and your supervisor are responsible for completing all required forms and submitting them to the Office of Financial Aid for review.
  • Upon approval, timecards will be sent directly to your supervisor, and you may begin working.

Immculata offers additional programs if you are not federal work-study eligible. These programs generally have an application process in January of each year. You may apply to become:

  • an Orientation Leader, a Resident Assistant, a Commuter Assistant, or a Program Assistant (RACAPA) through the Campus Life and Residence Life Departments.

Am I eligible for Federal Work-Study?

Federal work-study will be listed on your financial aid award summary if you are eligible. Then you will need to meet the following criteria as well for the current academic year:

  • You must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • You must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least a 2.0.
  • You must be enrolled full time: 12 credits if you are an undergraduate student, nine credits if you are a graduate student.
  • You must have completed all financial aid documentation. You may view any outstanding requirements by logging on to MyIU and clicking on SSIU (Self-Service IU) to view your account.
  • You may not exceed the maximum aid allowed. The federal government does not allow you to be awarded aid (scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study) greater than your cost of attendance. If your student employment award causes you to exceed the maximum aid allowed, you may reduce your loan amount to open your eligibility for student employment. If you choose this option, you will need to notify the Office of Financial Aid in writing. The Office of Financial Aid never reduces scholarships or grants to create eligibility for a student employment award.

Sophomores, juniors, and seniors will be given priority for available positions. Freshmen will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions about eligiblity.

How do I find a student employment position?

Visit the Financial Aid Office for a list of positions, or attend the student employment fair in September.

Once I find a position I want, what do I do? 

Once you have located a position you wish to obtain, contact the designated supervisor to set up an appointment to discuss position suitability and availability.

Is there a minimum or maximum amount of hours per week?

Hours available are determined by each department and their supervisors, for both the fall and spring semesters.

Is student employment available during the summer?

Yes, there are generally a few positions on-campus during the summer semester, provided funding is available.

Will my paycheck go directly to my student account?

No, you will receive a paycheck for hours worked. Paychecks are created once a month.

Can I have my paycheck directly deposited into my bank account?

Yes. To sign up for direct deposit, use the form located on MyIU. If you do not sign up for direct deposit, paychecks can be picked up from the Business Office.

Discover Immaculata

Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.

Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.

Discover Immaculata