Financial Aid FAQ
Looking for Student Account & Billing questions? Find them here.

How do I complete my FAFSA and have it sent to Immaculata?

Visit to fill out the form and be sure you provide Immaculata’s University’s School Code: 00327600.

How do I find my financial aid award or find out if I have any outstanding financial aid requirements?

You can find this information by logging onto MyIU and going to Student Finances. Outstanding requirements may include items such as verification documents, entrance counseling, selective service, Title IV authorization, etc.  Your financial aid award is found under Financial Aid > Award > Award for Aid Year.

How do I complete my entrance counseling and promissory note?

Visit Once logged in, click on the appropriate task.

What is verification?

Verification is a random selection by the Department of Education for the Financial Aid Office to confirm that the information supplied on your FAFSA is accurate.  The completion of this process is necessary before any federal funds can be paid toward your student account.

Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?

Yes. Most financial aid offices require that you apply for financial aid every year. If your financial circumstances change, you may get more or less aid. After your first year, you will receive a “Renewal Application” which contains pre-printed information from the previous year’s FAFSA. Note that your eligibility for financial aid may change significantly, especially if you have a different number of family members in college. Renewal of your financial aid package also depends on your making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree, such as earning a minimum number of credits and achieving a minimum GPA.

How do I apply for a Pell Grant and other types of need-based aid?

Submit a FAFSA. To indicate interest in student employment, student loans, and parent loans, you should check the appropriate boxes. Checking these boxes does not commit you to accepting these types of aid. You will have the opportunity to accept or decline each part of your aid package later. Leaving these boxes unchecked will not increase the amount of grants you receive.

I received an outside scholarship. Should I report it to the Financial Aid Office?

Yes. If you are receiving any kind of financial aid from university or government sources, you must report the scholarship to the Financial Aid Office.

What is the best way to stay informed about my financial aid and student account?

Visit MyIU and check your SSIU (Self-Service IU) account and Immaculata email weekly throughout the year for important and timely communications.

Discover Immaculata

Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.

Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.

Discover Immaculata