Social, Emotional and Behavioral Wellness PK-12 Endorsement
This fully online, 10-credit endorsement will help educators acquire knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand emotions and help PK-12 students manage their emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
Tuition and Costs
The tuition is $535 per credit for courses offered in the endorsement when taken as a stand-alone credential. This per-credit tuition rate represents a 25 percent discount from the tuition for the courses required for the endorsement. Please review tuition and fees for rates associated with additional program enrollment.
As a candidate for this endorsement, you will develop your understanding and demonstrate competency related to the following areas:
- Social and emotional wellness Learning and youth development
- Characteristics and impact of adverse childhood experiences, trauma, and mental illness on PK-12 students
- Behavioral and mental health literacy
- Prevention and intervention to support social, emotional and behavioral wellness across PK-12 educational environment
- Collaboration with families, agencies, and the community
You will also complete 45 hours of on-site clinical experiences closely integrated with coursework, assessment practices and program goals.
- EDL 674 - Prevention and Intervention for At-Risk Youth PK-12 (3)
- EDL 675 - Mental Health Literacy to Promote Positive Behaviors PK-12 (3)
- EDL 676 - Integrated Application of Wellness Education (4)