Adult Professional Studies
At a Glance
- Program: Associate of Science in Information Systems
- Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
- Format: face-to-face, hybrid and online
- Next Start Date: August 28, 2023
- Cost: $250 per credit
- Time to Completion: Approximately two years
Gain real-world skills for in-demand and high-paying technology careers.
Immaculata’s Associate of Science in Information Systems prepares graduates to design, integrate and implement software solutions. Students develop important technical skills such as database administration, web design, networking, systems integration, information security and computer architecture.
Opportunities and Outcomes
The job outlook is excellent for information systems professionals because of increased use of data processing systems, software programs, mobile technologies, cloud-based applications and the need for information security.
Graduates with an associate in information systems can work in positions including:
Program Delivery and Structure
The Associate of Science in Information Systems degree requires 63 credits that can be completed in as few as two years. Course are offered in various formats, including face-to-face, hybrid and online.
Tuition per credit is $250.
Various types of financing options are available to assist students. For further information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 484-323-3028, or email email@example.com.
Completion Of 63 Credits
Liberal Arts Core 27 Credits
- Composition (English/Writing) 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World/Quantitative Reasoning (Lab Science/Math) 3 credits Human Creativity/Historical & Social Consciousness/Global Society (Art, Literature, History, Social Science, Economics, Foreign Language & Culture) 9 credits
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion, Theology) 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 3 credits
Major Courses 27 Credits
- Introduction to Programming 3 credits
- Software Design and Programming 3 credits
- Database 3 credits
- Networks and Infrastructure 3 credits
- Web Design 3 credits
- Additional Department Requirements 9 credits
- Discrete Math for Computing 3 credits
Electives 9 Credits
Total 63 Credits
Average Salary and Job Growth
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that job growth within many information technology careers is expected to increase at a faster rate than most occupations. For example, positions as a web developer are projected to grow 25% through 2031.
Applied Technology Lab
Immaculata’s applied technology lab is a secure facility with a separate internet connection that enables you to learn, explore and perform technological operations without affecting the campus network.
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.