Adult Professional Studies
At a Glance
- Program: Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
- Format: Online, accelerated 7-week sessions
- Next Start Date: May 15, 2023
- Cost: $465 per credit
- Time to Completion: Less than three years (eight semesters)
Immaculata’s Bachelor of Science in cybersecurity prepares graduates for a growing, in-demand field.
Cybersecurity is a growing profession, and cybersecurity professionals are in high demand. In fact, recent high-profile cyberattacks solidify the need for a qualified cybersecurity workforce and underscore the severe shortage of these professionals.
If you’re looking to advance in your IT career or transition into a new career, check out Immaculata’s online Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity program.
Opportunities and Outcomes
Graduates of Immaculata’s cybersecurity program will be in high demand with a growing list of industries in need of cybersecurity professionals, including finance, insurance, health care, technology, retail, education, manufacturing and government agencies.
Entry-level and advanced positions include:
- information security analyst
- digital forensic examiner
- cyber forensic specialist
- IT auditor
- security engineer
- cryptography engineer
- and more
Student Learning Outcomes
Through successfully completing courses in information systems and data analytics programs, students will be able to:
- Utilize systematic, orderly, and exact habits of thought
- Apply the power of reasoning to analyze situations and solve problems
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of mathematics and technology play in shaping the future
- Apply and renew, via life-long learning, the essential concepts and skills needed for career success and advanced study
All courses in the program are offered online and all the requirements for the major can be completed in less than three years.
The Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity degree requires 126 credits that you can finish in eight semesters. Each course meets in accelerated seven-week sessions, and you will take one course at a time.
Utilizing the experience from our instructors (who are all subject matter experts in the field of cybersecurity), the program takes students through the phases of assessing a system’s vulnerability, building defenses in depth, and utilizing forensics. Immaculata also offers a unique course in open-source intelligence that few programs offer, which explains techniques to improve the collection and analysis of open-source information to generate intelligence.
Cybersecurity majors can be inducted into the Order of the Sword and Shield, an academic and professional honor society. Established in 2010, it is the first and only such society dedicated to homeland security, intelligence, emergency management, cyber and information security, and all protective security disciplines.
An advisory board, made up of experienced cybersecurity consultants, guides and supports the program keeping the curriculum current and relevant.
Immaculata University has an innovative partnership with cybersecurity firm Fortalice Solutions LLC, a leading national security company. This partnership supports the ever-evolving workforce development needs within the cybersecurity field.
Tuition per credit is $465
Various types of financing options are available to assist students. For further information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 484-323-3028, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immaculata also offers an associate degree in cybersecurity and students can add it as a minor to enhance job skills
Major Courses (72 Credits)
- Team Leadership and Coaching 3 credits
- Introduction to Linux 3 credits
- Software Design & Programming 3 credits
- Data and Information I 3 credits
- Technology and Ethical Issues 3 credits
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals 3 credits
- Defense in Depth 3 credits
- Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration 3 credits
- IT Security Governance 3 credits
- Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) 3 credits
- Cybersecurity Capstone 3 credits
- Capstone Proposal Design 3 credits
- Research and Analysis Using Statistics 3 credits
- Leadership Dynamics 3 credits
- 3D Computing 3 credits
- Web Design Applications 3 credits
- Networks and Infrastructure 3 credits
- Cyber War and Cyber Peace 3 credits
- Hi-Tech Crime 3 credits
- Discrete Mathematics 3 credits
- Writing for Applied Research 3 credits
- Organizational Ethics 3 credits
- Christian Faith in Action or Foundations of Spiritual Freedom 3 credits
- Cultural Modes of Expression 3 credits
Liberal Arts Core 36 Credits (12 Fulfilled By Major)
- Composition (Writing) 3 credits satisfied by major 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World (Lab Science) 3 credits
- Quantitative Reasoning (Mathematics) 3 credits satisfied by major 3 credits
- Human Creativity (Art, Literature, Music) 3 credits satisfied by major 3 credits
- Social Consciousness (Sociology, Psychology, Economics) 3 credits satisfied by major 3 credits
- Historical Consciousness (History) 3 credits
- Global Society (Foreign Language/Culture) 3 credits satisfied by major 3 credits
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion, Theology) 3 credits satisfied by major 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 3 credits satisfied by major 6 credits
Electives 39 Credits
Total 126 Credits
You can apply to Immaculata’s adult professional programs in four simple steps. If you have questions, please contact us via email@example.com or by phone at 484-323-3060.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that the median annual salary for information security analysts is $102,600, which is more than double the national median earnings of workers across all industries ($45,760). In addition to higher salaries, cybersecurity professionals also have a high degree of job security as the BLS projects open positions will grow by nearly 35% for the next seven years.
Her relationships with Immaculata professors helped Makenna Piaskowski ’24 get an internship with the cybercrime investigation taskforce of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI). Read more.
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.