At a Glance
- Program: Associate of Arts in Social Services
- Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
- Format: Various formats, including accelerated online and face-to-face
- Next Start Date: August 28, 2023
- Cost: $250 per credit
- Time to Completion: Approximately two years
Find a satisfying career in the diverse and expanding field of social and human services.
Immaculata’s new Associate of Arts in Social Services opens doors to a variety of careers that make a difference in the world.
Opportunities and Outcomes
Graduates of Immaculata’s social services degree are in high demand for professional positions in education, psychology and social work. What’s more, earning an associate degree in social services from Immaculata lays the foundation to transition into various bachelors’ degree programs at Immaculata.
Graduates with an associate degree can pursue positions including:
- Social and human service assistant, $37,610
- Psychiatric technician and aide, $36,230
- Preschool teacher, $30,210
- Teacher’s assistant, $29,360
- Physical therapist aide, $29,200
- and more
All courses in the program are offered in various formats, including face-to-face and online.
The Associate of Arts in Social Services degree requires 63 credits that can be finished in as few as two years. Classes are held during the day and evening.
Tuition per credit is $250.
Various types of financing options are available to assist students. For further information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 484-323-3028, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students in the associate degree program can transition seamlessly into Immaculata’s numerous bachelor programs.
Cooperative education programs, or co-ops, are an extension of the classroom and provide students with experiential, hands-on learning in social services. Co-ops provide the deepest level of industry training and experience, allowing students the opportunity to develop the skills needed to excel in the workplace immediately upon graduation.
- Community – First-Year Seminar
- Community – Creativity – Public Speaking
- Community – Social Consciousness – Introduction to Sociology
- Inquiry – Composition 1
- Inquiry – Composition 2
- Inquiry – Quantitative Reasoning (MATH 100 level)
- Vision – Pursuit of Faith
- Vision – Pursuit of Faith
- Vision – Pursuit of Wisdom
- Child or Adolescent Development
- Sociology of the Family
- Health Psychology
- Multicultural Education
- Educational Psychology
- Introduction to Special Education
- Adapting Instruction
- Cooperative Education Social Services
Total 63 Credits
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that job projections for social and human service assistants will grow 12% from 2021-2031, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
“Pennsylvania employers, now more than ever, are looking for skilled and well-educated workers in the field of social and human services. Immaculata University wants to provide this essential training through academic excellence and professional preparation. This degree will offer an advantage for employees looking for opportunities in social service industries such as schools, hospitals, and customer service positions.”
Grounded in IHM tradition and charism since 1920.
Find out what an IU education can do for your mind, your character and your future.