Instructional Coaching Endorsement
Immaculata’s fully online Endorsement in Instructional Coaching represents sound, job-embedded professional development that has the potential to improve instructional practice and, ultimately, student achievement.
You will receive ongoing, classroom-based, personalized coaching, which will provide consistent support as you work to improve practice based on collaboration, inquiry and consultative feedback from your coach.
You will complete 45 hours of on-site field experiences that are closely integrated with coursework, assessment practices and program goals.
Tuition and Costs
The tuition is $535 per credit for courses offered in the endorsement when taken as a stand-alone credential. This per-credit tuition rate represents a 25 percent discount from the tuition for the courses required for the endorsement. Please review tuition and fees for rates associated with additional program enrollment.
- Know and deeply understand the literacy content across PK-12 and acquire habits of the mind as they relate to concepts and skill development.
- Identify and assist teachers with implementing evidence-based practices that effectively meet the unique academic and behavioral needs of students.
- Develop and implement instructional strategies to improve academic literacy in specific content areas.
- Be well-versed in characteristics of adult learners and processes for successful coaching.
- Complete 45 hours of on-site field experiences that are closely integrated with coursework, assessment practices and program goals.
Prerequisite for Program
To be admitted into an Instructional Coach Endorsement Program, candidates must hold an Instructional I or Instructional II certificate (does not include Specialist I or II, Vocational Ed I or II, Administrative I or II, or other non-Instructional certificate) and have at least three years of successful teaching experience. An instructional coach must be an effective content teacher at the PK-4, 4-8 or secondary level and show evidence of a minimum of three years of effective teaching experience on the certificate.
- EDL 660 - Instructional Strategies for Standards-Aligned Curriculum in Literacy
- EDL 661 - Literacy in Education
- EDL 664 - Literacy Assessment and Intervention
- EDL 665 - Teacher Leaders: Coaching Principles