Immaculata’s Associate of Arts in History/Politics enable students to understand the relationship of the past to the present and will expand their knowledge of the political and social world around them.
The demand for tutors has increased over 100% in less than a decade and is expected to rise by 4.5% annually over the next few years. The demand of archivists is even higher (projected to increase by 12% through 2031) especially with the growing use of electronic records and records management.
At A Glance
Program: Associate of Arts
Audience: Undergraduate adult learners
Format: Face-to-face and online
Next Start Date: January 16, 2024
Cost: $250 per credit
Time to Completion Approximately two years
"My education at Immaculata University was rigorous and well-rounded. The faculty and staff balance providing a liberal arts core curriculum with tangible career development advice and planning."
Students earning an Associate of Arts in History/Politics are positioned for a variety of exciting careers within various industries.
Where Can I Work?
Graduates with an associate in history/politics, can work in positions including:
- teaching assistant, $31,760 (except postsecondary)
- tour guide, $35,608
- tutor, $41,780
- legal assistant: $56,230
- archivist, $61,880
- and more
Program Delivery and Structure
The Associate of Arts in History/Politics degree requires 63 credits that can be completed in approximately two years. Courses are offered in various formats, including face-to-face and online.
Tuition per credit is $250.
Various types of financing options are available to assist students. For further information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 484-323-3028, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completion of 63 Credits
Liberal Arts Core 27 Credits
- Composition (English/Writing) 6 credits
- Natural & Physical World/Quantitative Reasoning (Lab Science/Math) 3 credits
- Human Creativity/Historical & Social Consciousness/Global Society
- (Art, Literature, History, Social Science, Economics, Foreign Language & Culture) 9 credits
- Pursuit of Faith (Religion, Theology) 6 credits
- Pursuit of Wisdom (Philosophy) 3 credits
Major Courses 18 Credits
- American Studies I 3 credits
- American Studies II 3 credits
- Additional History/Politics Requirement 3 credits
- History Electives 9 credits
Electives 18 Credits