At the LifeLong Learning Institute at Immaculata University (LLI at IU), individuals over 50 in the southeast Pennsylvania region can continue to cultivate their knowledge, meet others with similar interests, and stay active both mentally and physically.
As a member of LLI at IU, you may choose from an extensive array of courses in the arts, history, and personal enrichment. The courses are peer taught, and there are no entrance requirements, grades or tests. Renew your enthusiasm for learning in a relaxed environment where you can engage in classroom discussion, enjoy lectures and insightful presentations, and participate in Immaculata University activities.
Classes are currently offered during the day on Immaculata’s campus during the fall, spring, and summer semester. Each semester is 10 weeks, and classes can be divided into a five-week session or a full 10-week class. Classes meet for roughly one hour once a week, and you can register for up to 14 classes each semester. To join the LifeLong Learning Institute, you must register for the semester and pay a nominal membership fee.
- Courses: Members can sign up for 14 classes each semester. Experience learning something new, fun, challenging, and amazing.
- Location: Courses are offered on the conveniently located Immaculata campus in Malvern.
- LLI at IU News: Subscription to the LLI newsletter each semester.
- Access to Immaculata Symphony: LLI at IU members typically pay $12 to attend campus performances.
- Immaculata Gabriele Library: Check out books, dvds, cds and more at the library.
- Events & Field Trips: Attend LLI special events, campus-wide events, and discover opportunities to travel.
Through a modestly priced membership, LLI at IU members have access to daily classes along with seasonal events that include social gatherings, special interest groups, travel opportunities, and community volunteering.
- Semester membership: $185
- Annual membership: $350
Teach at LLI
LLI at IU is always interested in bringing new instructors and curriculum into the program. All of the courses offered are peer taught, which means if you are passionate about a hobby or interest, you are welcome to teach with us! No formal experience in teaching or background in education is required.
Please complete the Course Proposal form, and you will be contacted prior to the start of the next semester.