Addiction Studies Graduate Certificate
Immaculata offers a 15-graduate-credit certificate in Addictions Studies for students who wish to concentrate in this area but who may not have completed the appropriate placements in COUN 691, 692, and 693 or who may be from other programs within the University.
Students from other institutions are also welcome to enroll. Students may or may not have already earned a master’s degree.
- Psychopharmacology: Medication Uses and Side Effects
- Substance Abuse Education and Counseling
Students must select nine credits from the following courses:
- Behavioral Addictions (3 credits)
- The Psychology and Spirituality of the 12-Step Program (3 credits)
- Counseling Strategies for Dealing with Addictive Disorders (1 credit)
- Dual Diagnosis in the Treatment of Addictions (1 credit)
- Infectious Diseases including HIV / AIDS (1 credit)
- Trauma and Addictions (1 credit)