Faculty & Staff Directory
Michael S. Stevens, MBA
Michael S. Stevens is a principal and founder of Supply Chain Victories, LLC after 30 successful years in corporate America. He is leveraging his diverse global background in demand planning and supply optimization, procurement, engineering, manufacturing, auditing, consulting, and risk management to build a first-in-kind Supply Chain Management B.S. degree program for Immaculata University. Mr. Stevens’ strengths include leadership, analysis, problem-solving and follow-through. He has award-winning experience solving complex problems by developing simple business solutions while leading teams to achieve superior bottom-line results.
Mr. Stevens started his career with General Electric Company’s Cooperative Education Program as an Engineer. After graduation, he joined GE’s premier Manufacturing Management Program as a Shop Foreman and Process Planner. Mr. Stevens then progressed onto GE’s Sourcing Leadership Development Program as a Commodity Leader and Sourcing Leader. He was selected for GE’s renowned Corporate Audit Staff, and traveled 100% to more than 10 businesses, 15 countries and 20 states. Mr. Stevens advanced to Senior Risk Initiatives Leader at GE Capital headquarters before he achieved a Vice President supply chain position at GE Equipment Services, and was subsequently promoted to lead a $400M strategic sourcing department. After two decades with GE, Mr. Stevens decided to venture into entrepreneurship with R&R Global Partners as Managing Director, run a $25M privately-held fulfillment business as Chief Operating Officer, and serve as a Supply Chain Principal Consultant at HighPoint Solutions. He joined CertainTeed SAINT-GOBAIN as Director of Purchasing for the Insulation business before asked to take on a Senior Director Purchasing role for the Gypsum US and Canada businesses across 14 locations where he is a member of both Management Committees
Mr. Stevens has managed teams of up to 10 direct reports, led new organizations to dramatically increase productivity, and directed multi-million dollar, cross-functional projects requiring challenging technology implementation solutions. He has comprehensive product experience, including construction, transportation, financial services, industrial and power systems, consumer products, life sciences and aerospace.
Mr. Stevens graduated with High Honors with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, and holds an MBA from The Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania with a dual major in Strategic Management and Marketing and acted as an Omnicom Communications Fellow, participated in the China Global Immersion Program, and attended the International Exchange Program with INSEAD in France. His post-graduate professional development includes certificates of completion in General Electric’s premier leadership development programs and a GE Six Sigma Black Belt. Mr. Stevens is also a member of the Beacon Networking for Life FKA Greater Philadelphia Senior Executive Group (GPSEG).
Courses Taught and Developing
- Business Computer Applications
- Marketing Management
- Business Ethics
- Managing Business Information
- Strategic Planning
- Principles of Supply Chain Management
- Quality Management & Continuous Improvement
- Supply, Cost, and Risk Management
- Global Logistics Systems
- Supply Chain Seminar
- Supply Chain Practicum
- Repeatedly restructured procurement departments to achieve record savings totaling over $50M in order to support business loss-to-profit turnarounds by professionalizing and coaching teams to manage over $1,500 total projects and achieved four GE Management Awards and several Responsible and Digital Purchasing Awards by CertainTeed SAINT-GOBAIN.
- Developed and implemented a customized $1.5M supply chain demand planning and supply optimization project valued at $12M Net Present Value savings, thereby receiving a prestigious award by i2 Technologies as judged independently by AMR Research and separately honored by GE Capital Equipment Services for Achieving Customer Excellence.
- Achieved highest revenue in 30 years and a 30% increase in productivity while managing a $25M privately-held fulfillment business by developing an accountability culture and a 5-year strategic business plan.
- Established a $400M strategic sourcing department “from the ground up” by hiring and realigning key strategic resources, developing essential standard routines and controls, and creating robust analysis and reporting tools.
- Built a one-of-a-kind Supplier Advisory Board to address industry-leading issues, and implemented innovative changes that positively impacted the company’s bottom line.
- Implemented a Buy-to-Pay business process and an Oracle Purchasing software system. Knowledgeable of SAP.
- Led cross-functional, team-based supplier negotiations to outsource a highly-engineered product that resulted in 18% savings after conducting quality and technical assessments of 10 industry-leading competitor/partnerships.
Stevens, M.S., (2004, November). i2 Technologies Ken Sharma “Time to Value” Award for Demand Planning and Supply Optimization [Featured speaker in conference presentation]. i2 Directions Annual Conference. Dallas, TX.