Faculty & Staff Directory
Elizabeth Faunce, Ph.D., C.F.P.
Title: Professor of Business
Office: 17 Faculty Center
Phone: (610) 647-4400 Ext: 3431
Ph.D., Organizational Management, Capella University 2010
M.B.A., Allentown College of Saint Francis DeSales, 1998
B.A., Immaculata College, 1990
Certified Financial Planner, College for Financial Planning, 1992
Dr. Elizabeth Faunce has been a full-time faculty member at Immaculata University since 2011, and she served as an adjunct faculty member at IU since 1999. Dr. Faunce teaches in the undergraduate and graduate programs, IU Online, and in the accelerated programs.
Prior to joining Immaculata, she worked for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as a Commissioned Examiner and was the sole proprietor of a financial planning firm, EGFaunce Consulting.
I consider each teaching experience a learning process for both the students and for myself, the instructor. I believe that the ultimate purpose of higher education is not just an accumulation of textbook knowledge, but also a realistic look at current life experiences.
- ECO 201 – Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 202 – Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 203 – Principles of Economics
- ECO 322 – Economic Development
- FIN 301 – Accounting for Financial Managers I
- FIN 302 – Accounting for Financial Managers II
- FIN 311 – International Financial Markets
- FIN 323 – Principles of Investments
- FIN 340 – Strategic Financial Planning
- ORG 342 – Managerial Economics
- ORG 344 – Accounting and Finance for Managers
- ORG 383 – Strategic Planning
As a result of a SEPCHE grant, my most recent research has been in the area of faculty metacognition. The overall focus of the research was building faculty capacity for 21st-century teaching, and the title of my research, conducted with Sister Kathleen Doutt, was “Developing Faculty Metacognition Through iPad Application.”
- May 9, 2012, SEPCHE Professional Development Conference on Strengthening Collaboration to Improve Teaching and Learning
- May 2011, Keynote Speaker for Immaculata University Honor Society Induction for ACCEL students. Title: “Education as a Crystal”
2012 SEPCHE Building Faculty Metacognition for 21st Century Teaching
“The Economic Impact of Online Financial Planning Tools to the Client Base of Traditional Financial Planners”