Incoming first-year and transfer students will complete the necessary housing paperwork via Moodle. You will be matched with roommates based on the information you provide and will then be placed in your housing assignments throughout July and August. If you meet someone at new student orientation who is a good fit for a roommate, you may request them on the housing profile form. Only mutual requests will be approved.
Specific questions or concerns can be directed to Residence Life and Housing at 610-647-4400 x3130, or RLH@immaculata.edu.
1. Complete housing application online through SSIU
Once it is available in February, you must complete a housing application through SSIU, accessible through MyIU. Applications must be submitted by the deadline in order to receive a lottery number based on your cohort. To apply, complete the steps listed below.
- Log on to SSIU.
- Once logged on, click on the Student Information link.
- Next, click on the Housing and Meal Plan Application link.
- Follow the on-screen directions.
2. Receive a lottery number from Residence Life and Housing via email
Lottery numbers are randomly assigned to each class year (current rising seniors first, then rising juniors and then rising sophomores). You MUST have a lottery number to participate in housing selection. You will receive a lottery number after completing a housing application, which is done online through SSIU. If you fail to submit your housing application by the assigned date, you will not receive a lottery number. Without a lottery number, you will not be able to participate in the housing selection process. If you are interested in housing but did not apply for a lottery number, contact Residence Life and Housing and you will be contacted regarding available housing after the selection has taken place.
3. Attend housing selection to select your residential housing assignment for the upcoming year
Housing selection will occur in April, at which point you will select your residential housing assignment for the upcoming year.
- Housing selection takes place on a Sunday afternoon. Specific times for housing selection based on lottery numbers will be posted closer to the housing selection date.
- Determine which roommate has the LOWEST number in order to determine the time that you should attend housing selection.
- Upon entering housing selection, you will sign your housing and board agreement for the upcoming year. **This agreement is in effect for the entire academic year; once signed and submitted, this agreement will be binding for the entire academic year.**
- Every student must be represented to select his/her housing assignment at the housing selection process.
- If you cannot attend the selection process, you can arrange for another student to represent you and select your room as a proxy. Pick up a proxy form on the bulletin board outside the Student Development and Engagement Suite.
- Lottery numbers are called in order, you select your space, and are placed in your housing assignment by Residence Life and Housing staff.
- Following your selection, you may leave.