Immaculata University seeks to foster a community that respects the dignity of the individual in the areas of age, gender, religion, ability, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, and culture. All members of Immaculata University community are responsible for advancing an understanding of and a respect for diversity.
At Immaculata, we want to create a campus community characterized by openness, sensitivity, and a willingness to value differences among individuals, groups, cultures, subcultures and differing perspectives. We believe your education at Immaculata should give you opportunities to learn about different cultures and perspectives, and we hope you will be eager to understand people and groups who differ from you.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion provides programs relating to many different areas.
Activities and Education
To increase the cultural competence of all students, we offer programs and bring speakers to campus to raise awareness and appreciation of diversity. We will deliver trainings and education to address discrimination, bias, misconceptions, and stereotypes.
Cultural Celebration Months
We collaborate with various student clubs and departments to sponsor a variety of events that celebrate different cultures through food, music, and fun activities.
- Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 – October 11)
- Respect Week (October 15-19)
- Heritage Month (November)
- International Education Week (held in November)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (January)
- Black History Month (February)
- Women’s History Month (March)
- Multicultural Celebration Week (April)
Cultural Immersion Trips
Visit an educational exhibit, museum, or event to immerse yourself in a day-long cultural experience. Discussion and reflection will follow the experience. This is a great opportunity to step outside your comfort zone, explore something new and learn about various cultures.
Clubs and Organizations
- Iota Gamma Xi
- African American Cultural Society (AACS)
- Latin Flavor
- Spectrum (LGBTQ Organization)
- Multicultural Council (Student Government Association)