About the program
The Maguire Foundation will provide the “last dollar” scholarship support to students graduating from the listed Philadelphia area high schools for four years of matriculation. Maguire Scholars who are selected by their respective institutions must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. The student also must be an active participant in his/her school through extra-curricular activities and/or community service.
Qualified applicants must meet the scholarship requirements of:
- Complete and submit the 2020-2021 FAFSA before February 15, 2020. Immaculata University’s FAFSA Title IV Code is 003276.
- Graduating from one of The Maguire Foundation Partnership High Schools
- Maintaining a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Engaging in community service/University activities
- Have demonstrated financial need evidenced by the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Application Submission Deadline: March 1, 2020
All essays and letters of recommendation can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to: College of Undergraduate Studies Office of Admission, Immaculata University, Lillian P. Lettiere Center #118, 1145 King Road, Immaculata, PA 19345.
Students must include the following in their submission:
- A completed application (form below)
- A complete personal statement
- Directions: Please answer the following question. The response should be no less than two paragraphs, but no more than one page. Answer should be typed in standard 12-point font, double-spaced. Each page should have your name, your high school, and the college to which you are applying for the Maguire Scholars Program.
- Essay Question: The mission of the Maguire Foundation is grounded in St. Ignatius Loyola’s teachings that we are men and women for others. What do you do to serve others?
- A letter of recommendation
- Please include a letter of recommendation from a community or activity leader who can accurately assess your potential to maximize this scholarship opportunity.
- Letters should include the following information:
- Recommender’s first name, last name, and middle initial (if applicable)
- Title, School/Organization, Office Address
- Email Address, Phone Number (Work and Cell)