Request for Protocol Review – Forms Package (R1297)
The Research Review Process
Federal regulations require that a human rights committee approve funded research involving human subjects. The regulations further stipulate that if a college or university receives any federal research funding, all human subject research that is conducted at the college or university must also comply with the federal research regulations.
The Immaculata University Research Ethics Review Board (RERB) is the committee that is charged with the responsibility of ensuring that the rights of human subjects are protected in all research associated with Immaculata University. It should be clear that the RERB is not a peer review committee that serves to critique or limit research. The RERB serves only to ensure that the rights of subjects and potential subjects are protected. It is the primary intent of the RERB to ensure that the potential subject is provided with sufficient information to enable him/her to make a free and informed decision about his/her participation in the research project.
You are asked to provide information about your proposed research project on the forms in this package. The RERB will use this information in its review process.
Protocols to be reviewed must be received by 5 p.m. the 10th of every month.
Protocol Submission Forms
You may submit your RERB protocol online through the Google form provided or via hard copy application.
The Statement of Responsibility must be signed by the faculty advisor and uploaded by student researchers as the final step to the online RERB application.
- To submit via hard copy, please download and save the below PDF document.
Sample Letters and Consent Forms (All letters must be on Immaculata University stationery)
- Sample Consent Form
- Information Letter and Consent Form Criteria Instructions
- Sample Information Letter and Consent Form
- Participant Consent Form – ADHD and Case Diagnosis
- Generic Consent Form
- Information Letter and Consent Form for Parents or Guardians Permission for Research with Children
- Consent/Assent Form for Children
- Information and Consent Letter for Community Agencies
- Information Letter for Survey Research I
- Information Letter for Survey Research II
- Information Letter and Consent Letter for Invitation to be Interviewed
- Information Letter and Consent Form for Two Stage Projects
- Multiple Consent Form for Interview, Tape Recording and Anonymous Quotation
- Consent Form for Videotaping
- Information Letter for Web Research
- Information Letter for Web Questionnaire
- Mail Out Information Letter
- Sample Telephone Script
- Sample Telephone Script for Psychology Research Project
- Faculty Information Letters and Consent Forms for Class/Cousse Projects I
- Faculty Information Letter and Consent Form for Class Projects II
- Information Consent Letter for Interview III – Course Project
- Sample Flyer for Inviting Research Participants I
- Sample Flyer for Inviting Research Participants II
- Sample Confidentiality Agreement for Research Assistants or Staff Associated with the Study