- Completion or anticipated completion of an ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics
- Application and acceptance or pending acceptance to the College of Graduate Studies
- Completion of the Dietetic Internship application via DICAS and submission of required information to D&D Digital Systems for computer matching.
- Experience (paid or volunteer) in a food service or clinical setting
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 overall and 3.2 in DPD (on a 4.0 scale) *
- Current Immaculata University graduate students must have a minimum grade of “B” in required courses and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
*May be waived for a student who has completed at least 12 graduate credits with a minimum GPA of 3.25.
Suggested Achievements for Application
- 500-plus hours of experience (paid or volunteer) in clinical, food service and/or community nutrition setting
- 50+ hours shadowing a clinical or out-patient registered dietitian nutritionist
- Graduate coursework with excellent grades (A or A-)
- Fluency in a foreign language or American sign language
Selection is based on:
- Scholastic achievement
- Work experience
- Leadership ability
- Written communication skills
A selection committee reviews applications and interviews candidates to make the final selections.