Immaculata’s fully online 12-credit Endorsement in Online Instruction prepares teachers to perform the duties necessary for implementing online instruction.
Available 100% Online
Today’s educational needs are evolving with unprecedented demand. As educators are compelled to transition from the traditional classroom to a growing variety of online formats, our Online Instruction Endorsement prepares the teacher as an instructional leader in today’s extensive and ever growing online community. This endorsement will provide the knowledge to address questions related to the field, as well as the skills needed to assist in the conversion of a classroom setting to online education.
Teachers will become familiar with the various configurations of online instruction that include fully online/cyber courses, blended/hybrid courses, and online learning modules incorporated into traditional courses.
The endorsement focuses on the theories of distance education related to program design and development, delivery, professional responsibilities, and assessment. A field experience is incorporated into each course.
Tuition and Costs
The tuition for the 2020-21 academic year is $535 per credit. This per-credit tuition rate for endorsement courses is offered at a 25 percent discount from the tuition for masters-level courses.
The professional core courses and experiences for the Online Instruction Endorsement program are designed to address the specific legal issues, knowledge, and competencies that are essential for course design, delivery and assessment in the online environment.
Field experiences are integrated into each of the required 7-week, 3-credit courses:
- EDL 666: Design and Development of Online Learning
- EDL 667: Delivery Techniques for Teaching Online
- EDL 668: Assessment of Online Learning
- EDL 669: Emerging Trends and Professional Responsibilities for the Online Teacher
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic foundations and current best practices using scientifically based instructional strategies.
- Develop and implement instructional strategies that will engage students, build a strong community of leaders, and provide regular and appropriate feedback with student and teacher reflections.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Universal Design for Learning in order to accommodate all students in the online classroom providing a variety of methods of assessing for mastery of content.
- Complete 45 hours of online experience in multiple roles within distance education that are closely integrated with coursework, assessment practices and program goals.