Intake form for New Students
Steps to Establish an Accommodation Plan:
- Complete the Online Intake Form. Be sure to fill out the form yourself thoroughly and accurately.
- Schedule a meeting with Disability Services.
- A member of Disability Services will contact you after receiving your online intake form. Make an appointment to come to Disability Services, which could take up to an hour. Bring a list of questions, and be prepared to talk about your disability and how it affects your learning.
- Be prepared to provide documentation of your disability (also referred to as third party documentation). Third party documentation may consist of an IEP/504 plan, recent diagnostic evaluation, or a letter from a qualified professional that explains more about your disability and how your disability impacts you.
- Look for an email that you are able to pick up your Accommodation Letter at Disability Services or have them emailed to you as a PDF.
- Set up appointments with your professors, during their office hours. Present your professor with your Accommodation Letter and have a conversation about your accommodations to develop a plan for the semester.
- Once you have received accommodations for your first semester, you can quickly and easily renew your accommodation plan online for all following semesters.