Purpose, Mission and Goals
The Office of Academic Assessment (OAA) at Immaculata University is responsible for shaping and reinforcing IU’s student learning assessment system and for ensuring that the processes for making evidence-based improvements to student learning are continuous and sustainable.
“The systematic assessment of student learning outcomes is essential to monitoring quality and providing the information that leads to improvement.” —Middle States Commission on Higher Education
The mission of the Office of Academic Assessment is to promote student learning by fostering quality academic degree program assessment and general education (core) assessment. In addition, OAA collaborates with academic affairs support offices to assist with developing assessment plans. OAA serves as a repository of all academic assessment activities.
OAA carries out its mission by meeting the following goals:
- Consult with and support academic units in planning, conducting, and maintaining academic assessment activities at the department, program, and course levels;
- Develop and maintain clear policies to manage evidence of student learning assessment across IU’s academic community;
- Document the university’s commitment to institutional quality based on its academic assessment efforts and provide summary reports to internal and external groups;
- Facilitate workshops and other assessment-related events;
- Promote best practices for enabling continuous learning and development.
Office of Academic Assessment
Villa Maria 216