Immaculata University is excited to celebrate Veterans Day on Wednesday, November 11, 2015. We will honor our veteran and military students, their families, faculty and staff with special campus-wide events. We invite our students and the community to join us for one or all of the scheduled activities in this day of celebration. All events are free and open to the public, but please help us prepare by registering online or calling 484-323-3238.
AGENDA (may be subject to minor changes)
- 7:15 a.m. Chester County Council Boy Scouts of America Veterans Day Recognition Breakfast; Speaker: John Church - Great Hall on the Immaculata Campus (Reservations for this event are required. For more information on this event and to RSVP for Chester County Council Boy Scouts of America Veterans Day Recognition Breakfast, click here).
- 8:45 a.m. Flag Raising Ceremony; Fr. Sam Verruni, officiating; Bagpipes by Dr. William Watson - Immaculata Flag Pole
- 9:30 a.m. Veterans Benefits - Educational and Beyond; Speaker Chanel N. Santiago, Veterans Outreach Program Specialist - Lillian P. Lettiere Center
- 10:30 a.m. Secret History of Veterans Day; Speaker Dr. John Hill - Lillian P. Lettiere Center
- Noon Mass Dedicated to Veterans - Immaculata Chapel in Nazareth Hall
- 1:30 p.m. Cyber & the South China Sea: Security Challenges for the 21st Century; Speaker: Dr. James Murray - Lillian P. Lettiere Center
- 2:30 p.m. A Brief Examination of the Use of Military Troops in the Homeland; Speaker: George Schwartz- Lillian P. Lettiere Center
- 3:30 p.m. 100 Years of Propaganda: WWI to Present Day; Speaker: John Church - Lillian P. Lettiere Center
- 6:30 p.m. Keynote Speaker & Dessert Reception - Great Hall of Immaculata University
Immaculata is pleased to welcome Command Sgt. Maj. Christopher M. Martinez as our keynote speaker. Command Sgt. Maj Martinez is currently the Command Sergeant Major for the United States Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, PA. His awards and decorations include the Bronze Star Medal with V device, Bronze Star Medal (4 oak leaf clusters), Meritorious Service Medal (6 oak leaf clusters), Army Commendation Medal (1 oak leaf cluster) and the Army Achievement Medal (2 oak leaf clusters). Moreover, he has been awarded the Expert Infantrymen Badge, Combat Infantrymen Badge (with star), Master Parachutist Badge (with Bronze Star-Combat Jump), HALO Badge and Ranger Tab. He is a member of the Orders of Saint Maurice, Saint George, the prestigious Sergeant Morales Club and an honorary member of the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club.