Immaculata University's Tutoring Services pair students who desire assistance in a particular subject with a peer who has been approved as an IU tutor. Tutors are students who have an advanced level of skill in a particular course or area of academic study. These students have been approved by a faculty member and have submitted a online tutor application.
Tutors are then assigned to a particular student for the course or area of academic study for which the tutor has been approved. If you wish to become a tutor, submit a completed tutor application form online or stop by Villa Maria 18 to complete the application. The types of tutoring services available to students include, but are not limited to:
- Providing students with supplementary instruction in the area in which they feel they need further assistance.
- Providing students with pertinent study skill techniques which will serve to enhance their learning abilities in the given subject.
- Provide a collegial and supportive environment geared toward academic success.
- Assisting students in outlining a plan of study for the given course aimed at facilitating time management abilities.
- Developing a professional, honest and caring relationship with students.
If you need additional help in a class, the Academic Success Center is available. Please submit a Request for a Tutor form, or stop by Villa Maria 18 to request a tutor. For more information, please email email@example.com, or call 610-647-4400 ext. 3729.
Additional information for tutors and tutees to read: