Immaculata University's Tutoring Services pair students who desire assistance in a particular subject with a peer who has been approved as an IU tutor. Tutors are students who have an advanced level of skill in a particular course or area of academic study. These students have been approved by a faculty member and have submitted a completed tutor application packet.
Tutors are then assigned to a particular student for the course or area of academic study for which the tutor has been approved. If you wish to become a tutor, please print out and submit a completed tutor form packet to the Tutoring Center or stop by Villa Maria 18 to pick up the forms. The types of tutoring services available to students include, but are not limited to:
- Providing students with supplementary instruction in the area in which they feel they need further assistance.
- Providing students with pertinent study skill techniques which will serve to enhance their learning abilities in the given subject.
- Provide a collegial and supportive environment geared toward academic success.
- Assisting students in outlining a plan of study for the given course aimed at facilitating time management abilities.
- Developing a professional, honest and caring relationship with students.
If you need additional help in a class, the Academic Success Center is available. Please submit a Request for a Tutor form, or stop by Villa Maria 18 to request a tutor. For more information, please email email@example.com, or call 610-647-4400 ext. 3729.
Additional form for tutors and tutees to read: