Student Health Services (SHS) is open to ALL students of Immaculata University, including all CUS, CLL and CGS students.


Q.           What are the hours of Student Health Services?

A.            SHS is open Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. and Fridays 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.

Q.           What do I do if I am sick and SHS is closed?

A.            If you can’t wait until SHS re-opens, but you’re not experiencing an emergency, you can seek care from local urgent care facilities. If you are experiencing a true emergency and are on campus, please notify the Office of Safety and Protection at extension 5555 and they will assist you immediately. If you are experiencing a true emergency and are off campus, please call 911.

Q.           Do I need an appointment to come to SHS?

A.            You do not need an appointment to be seen and evaluated by a nurse.  Appointments are required to see the doctor or to have a PPD/TB screening.

Q.           How do I make an appointment to see the University physician?

A.            To see the physician for an acute illness/injury or physical, call 610-647-4400 ext. 3506 or ext. 3500 to schedule an appointment.  The doctor is available during specific hours each week to see students for a nominal fee.  A visit for illness or injury is $10 and a physical is $25. These fees are charged directly to your student account—you do not need to bring money to your visit.

Q.           Can I get my allergy shots at SHS?

A.            You can get you allergy shots at SHS during the hours that the doctor is on campus. You must bring the proper paperwork and allergy serum from your primary physician/allergist.

Q.           If I miss a class because I am sick, will SHS give me a note?

A.            Notes are not issued for missed classes. 

Q.           Can I get PPD/TB screening done at SHS?

A.            PPD/TB screenings can be done at SHS on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. You must return 48 hours after the test for a reading of the results. These screenings are free for nutrition, education and nursing majors, and other students pay a nominal fee.

Q.           What if I need health care and I don’t have health insurance?

A.            Here is a list of local clinics that provide free or low-cost services:

  • ChesPenn in Coatesville (free clinic) 610-380-4660
  • The Clinic in Phoenixville (free clinic) 610-935-1134
  • The Chester County Health Department (will provide immunizations free of charge if patients have no insurance) 610-344-6225
  • Community Volunteers in Medicine (CVIM)—located in West Goshen 610-836-5990. Fees are adjusted based on income. They offer dental services, gynecology services, cardiology, etc.
  • Widener Community Nursing Clinic (faith-based) 610-872-6865
    • Care provided by nurse practitioner students from Widener University
    • Physicals are $10

Q.           Where can I go if I have questions about health insurance?

A.            Visit these websites to get more information:

  • PA Health Options provides information about health insurance plans that give you the benefits you need at a price you can afford.
  • Healthcare.gov explains the Affordable Care Act, the basics of health insurance, and various insurance options.
  • New Jersey;s Department of Banking and Insurance offers some information about health insurance programs.

Immaculata University | 1145 King Road, Immaculata, PA. 19345 | p. 610-647-4400 or call toll-free: 1-877-42 TODAY
Immaculata University is a Catholic, comprehensive, coeducational institution founded by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Copyright ©2012 All Rights Reserved | Federal Compliance Links | Clery