Videos – Speak Up. Be Mighty!
Bullying prevention is everyone’s responsibility. If you are not speaking up about it, the culture will not change. Expect and demand more from your environment to ensure that all people are treated with dignity.
A bystander who does not show disapproval of a bully’s actions indirectly reinforces the behavior, leading others to assume that it is acceptable. Additionally, the bully’s target is left with a perception that the bystander is in agreement with the bully. Do not bully by omission….take a stand and say, “I do not accept that behavior!”
What to do:
- STAND UP FOR ONE ANOTHER!
- Block certain functions on websites if necessary.
- Don’t laugh.
- Establish a culture that believes that gossip hurts.
- Don’t associate with bullies. If they do it to others, they could be doing it to you.
- Find other activities with people who accept you….branch out!
- Authority figures should be utilized with caution.
- Get advice from self-help books and online resources.
- Others will follow your lead once you break the silence of bullying culture.
Below are a series of videos and testimonials from Immaculata’s students and others who discuss bullying in their own words.