Immaculata University is pleased to announce that its Department of Music Therapy will be cohosting the Interdisciplinary Society for Quantitative Research in Music and Medicine’s 3rd biennial conference from July 24-26. The three-day event, Music Meets Medicine, features academic sessions, various concerts, research posters and a keynote address by Dr. Arthur Harvey, internationally renowned authority on research in Neuromusicology.
The conference, which will be led and attended by the world’s leading scholars and academics in the field of music and medicine, will provide a forum to critically engage the study of the beneficial effects of music in medicine and stimulate the exchange of ideas among leaders in the field. Click here to view the conference schedule. The registration fee is $75 for the three-day conference or $50 for one day. Please register here.
In addition to the academic presentations, conference participants and the community can enjoy free live concerts.
Friday, July 24
- Grammy award-winning pianist and Immaculata alumna Angela Falco ‘96 – 7 p.m. in Memorial Hall
- Indian classical vocalist Mahesh George Valiavila – follows previous performer in Memorial Hall
Saturday, July 25
- Bluegrass group SpiritGrass – 2:30 p.m. in Memorial Hall
- Music for People Improv Orchestra – 7:30 p.m. in Memorial Hall
Sunday, July 26
- “Ruido Rosa (Brazilian Dance and Music) – 11:25 a.m. in Memorial Hall
The musical performances are free and open to the public; donations accepted.