Student Employment FAQs

You are here

Am I eligible for Federal Work-Study?

Federal work-study will be listed on your financial aid award summary if you are eligible. Then you will need to meet the following criteria as well for the current academic year:

  • You must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  
  • You must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least a 2.0.
  • You must be enrolled full time: 12 credits if you are an undergraduate student, nine credits if you are a graduate student.
  • You must have completed all financial aid documentation. You may view any outstanding requirements by logging on to MyIU and clicking on SSIU (Self-Service IU) to view your account.
  • You may not exceed the maximum aid allowed. The federal government does not allow you to be awarded aid (scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study) greater than your cost of attendance. If your student employment award causes you to exceed the maximum aid allowed, you may reduce your loan amount to open your eligibility for student employment. If you choose this option, you will need to notify the Office of Financial Aid in writing. The Office of Financial Aid never reduces scholarships or grants to create eligibility for a student employment award.

Sophomores, juniors, and seniors will be given priority for available positions. Freshmen will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions about eligiblity.

How do I find a student employment position?

Visit the Financial Aid Office for a list of positions, or attend the student employment fair in September.

Once I find a position I want, what do I do?

Once you have located a position you wish to obtain, contact the designated supervisor to set up an appointment to discuss position suitability and availability.

Is there a minimum or maximum amount of hours per week?

Hours available are determined by each department and their supervisors, for both the fall and spring semesters.

Is student employment available during the summer?

Yes, there are generally a few positions on-campus during the summer semester, provided funding is available.

Will my paycheck go directly to my student account?

No, you will receive a paycheck for hours worked. Paychecks are created once a month. 

Can I have my paycheck directly deposited into my bank account?

Yes. To sign up for direct deposit, use the form located on MyIU. If you do not sign up for direct deposit, paychecks can be picked up from the Business Office.

1145 King Road, Immaculata, PA. 19345
p. 610-647-4400 or call toll-free: 1-877-42 TODAY
Federal Compliance Links | Clery | Employment
Copyright © All Rights Reserved

1145 King Road, Immaculata, PA. 19345 p. 610-647-4400 or call toll-free: 1-877-42 TODAY
Federal Compliance Links | Clery | Employment
Immaculata University | Copyright © All Rights Reserved