Academic Support Services Available
Immaculata University is committed to providing reasonable academic accommodations to students eligible under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are tailored to the differing needs of each student. Common academic accommodations include:
- Extended time for testing
- Electronic copies of lecture notes, use of a SmartPen and/or ability to utilize a student note taker
- The option to take exams in the Academic Success Center, to be monitored by a learning strategies specialist
- Text in an alternative format
- Other college-appropriate accommodations as listed in the recommendation section of the student's psycho-educational evaluation
It is highly recommended that all first year students receiving academic accommodations meet regularly with a learning strategies specialist in the Academic Success Center. We recommend students meet every other week to discuss their academic progress, classroom environment and study habits. Individualized academic coaching is available to all students who feel they may benefit from this service.
Please contact us for more information regarding specialized services available.