If you have completed a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited institution and have completed prerequisites in your proposed area of concentration with a "B" average, you may apply for admission to a certificate or certification program. If you are interested in initial Pennsylvania state certification, you must satisfy a six-credit undergraduate requirement both in mathematics and English.
You must submit the following materials to the College of Graduate Studies:
- Online application form or printable application form. You may obtain an application for a master's degree program by calling the Graduate Office at 484-323-3223.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 in the form of a check or money order.
- Official transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate school you have attended should be sent directly to the College of Graduate Studies from the school registrar(s).
- Two reference forms appraising your personal and professional qualities as well as your capability for graduate study. References should be completed by academic professors or employers and forwarded directly to the Graduate Office.
- A one-page essay discussing your professional goals and how graduate study at Immaculata will enable you to achieve those goals.
You must also participate in an official interview with the department chair and/or a faculty member.
If you have completed a certificate or certification program at Immaculata at the graduate level with a grade point average of 3.5 or above and you seek admission to a graduate program leading to the Master of Arts degree, you are not required to submit MAT/GRE test scores.
Be advised that some departments have specific prerequisites for admission to their certification program. When applying for a certification program, be sure to request information about the prerequisites required for admission to the program.