College of Undergraduate Studies


New Student Orientation

Why is NSO important?

NSO is important because it will help you transition from high school or college to Immaculata University. The goal of NSO is to help you learn about the University and its resources, encourage you to get involved on campus, and build bonds with other students and faculty.

Are the activities mandatory?

Yes, the activities for NSO are mandatory, and some of the programs are required by the state for students to attend. The NSO program was made to help students transition smoothly from high school or college to Immaculata University.

When will I get to register for classes?

You will meet with your advisor at the end of the first orientation session. Parents or guests are not permitted in these meetings.  This is an opportunity for you to bond with your advisor and ask questions.

If I am participating in the overnight NSO program for new students, what do I need to bring?

For the NSO overnight program, you will need a change of clothes, a calculator, toiletries, flip-flops, and, if you prefer, a pillow/blanket (NSO will provide bedding).

What do I do if I cannot make the offered orientation times?

Please call Campus Life at (610) 647-4400 ext. 3130 or e-mail to discuss options.

Can I have guests overnight?

For NSO, visitors at night are not permitted. Parents or guests can reside in one of the local hotels. 


Residence Life & Housing

What does the Office of Residence Life and Housing provide on campus? Where is the office?

The Office of Residence Life and Housing is dedicated to developing a comprehensive program centered on students’ residential needs. The staff strives to foster a safe, secure, well-maintained, and comfortable residence community full of opportunities for community development and lifelong learning. The department consists of professional staff members as well as resident assistants who are paraprofessional staff.

The Residence Life and Housing office is located in the Campus Life suite, Terrace level of DeChantal Hall.

What is the role of the resident assistant in your community?

Resident assistants are meant to be a resource for students. RAs are trained in emergency protocols and response and are knowledgeable about other resources available to students on campus. RAs also provide monthly community meetings and programs to keep residents informed and invested in their community.

When and how do first-year students receive a room assignment?

New students are assigned to their rooms during the months of July and August, after New Student Orientation I. When the Office of Residence Life and Housing receives your forms, you will be put in a “holding room” (DeChantal 94). Your room assignment may change multiple times, and RLH will notify you when your permanent assignment has been posted. Be sure to check your Immaculata e-mail account for your permanent housing assignment.

New students are assigned rooms based on both their preference sheet and on availability. If a student’s first choice residence hall is full, they will be assigned to an open space in a different hall.

How are roommates paired? Is there a survey to match similar people?

Each new student receives a form to fill out that gives Residence Life and Housing information regarding housing preferences. Using the information provided in this form, roommates are paired based on living preferences (room temperature, phone usage, etc.) and sleeping habits. New students can also request roommates on their form, or they can call Residence Life and Housing at 610-647-4400 x3130. Students may also request a roommate by submitting a form at New Student Orientation I during the summer. **Please note that both students must request each other.

Am I required to have a meal plan? What options are there?

First-year residential students are required to have a full meal plan, with 19 meals per week. Students may choose to switch to a lower meal plan, with 15 meals per week, for their second semester. Transfer students may choose either the 15-meal or 19-meal plan. Transfer students who opt to live in the apartments at Marchwood may also choose a 10-meal plan or a 75-block meal plan.

Students may be exempted from purchasing a meal plan by requesting an accommodation for a medical condition. To request an accommodation, contact Residence Life and Housing at 610-647-4400 x3130. Accommodations will be sent to a review board and may or may not be granted.

What are the visitation hours?

Visitation hours are Sunday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to midnight, and Friday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. Visitors who are non-residential students must be signed in with security at all times. Same-sex visitors may stay overnight for up to three (3) consecutive nights.

Are there community bathrooms?

There are community bathrooms and shower rooms in all of the residence halls, with the exception of Lourdes Hall. The bathrooms/shower rooms are single-sex, based on the gender of the floor. Lourdes Hall is suite-style living, with two rooms sharing a private bathroom.

What kind of pets am I allowed to have?

Residents are permitted to keep fish as pets, with certain conditions. Only one tank per room is permitted. The tank may be up to 5 gallons, and may contain no more than three (3) fish with a maximum of three (3) inches per fish. The tank must be kept clean, and fish must be taken home over the break periods. The fish must also be registered with the Office of Residence Life and Housing.

Can I have a microwave in my room? What are the acceptable appliances allowed on campus?

You may only have a microwave in your room if it is part of the microfridge package provided by the University. Microfridges are designed to save energy and use less power. Personal microfridges may not be purchased.

Appliances that are acceptable in the residence halls include Keurig personal brewers, hair irons, hair dryers, televisions, refrigerators (up to 5 cubic feet), etc. Appliances that are not acceptable in rooms include space heaters, halogen lamps, toasters, toaster ovens, etc.

Can I bring my car to campus?  

Yes. You must obtain a parking permit from the OneCard Office, and display it at all times. Parking permits can be obtained during check-in at the beginning of the academic school year.

What kinds of activities happen on the halls (i.e. hall council, programs, etc.)?

Your resident assistant will plan a program for each month. Programs range from game nights to craft nights to Pilates classes. In addition, programs that run on campus include dances, lectures and discussions, and career services sessions.


We hope that this information is helpful to you as you plan for your transition to Immaculata University.  If you have any questions in advance of your arrival, please contact us at or 610-647-4400 ext. 3130, and we will be glad to assist you.  We look forward to seeing you and hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer!


Commuter Life

How many commuters attend Immaculata University?

The Immaculata undergraduate population is about 50% commuters.

What unique opportunities does Immaculata offer to commuter students?

Immaculata University has a Commuter Connections program and a Commuter Council that are run through the Student Government Association. The Commuter Connections program, sponsored by the Office of the Dean of Students, organizes and sponsors social events to involve commuters in Immaculata's campus life. As a resource and advocate for students, the Office strives to build a strong connection between commuter and off-campus students and the University community.

The Commuter Connections Program works closely with and supports the Commuter Council, a subset of the Student Government Association that is made up of commuter representatives.

Can commuters participate in on-campus events?

Commuters are welcome to take part in any event on campus, along with residential students.

What is commuter life like?

Commuter life can be fun! It is up to you to get involved on campus to bridge the gap between commuters and residents and to grow emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. Almost every day there is at least one event in which students can participate. Most events are free, and transportation is usually provided for off-campus events.

Where can I park?

Freshman commuter students can park in lot A, B, C, H, I. Commuter students are permitted to park in lot D after 4 p.m. on weekdays.

When will I get my parking permit?

Students attending NSO will be able to purchase parking permits during NSO II.

For more information about the parking permit application and fee, please see the next section of this FAQs page.

Can I stay on campus overnight?

Commuter students can request a guest room to stay overnight for a small fee. However, a commuter student can be signed in as a visitor and stay overnight with one of their residential friends, provided that they are the same sex.

What about meals?

Commuters students have the option of purchasing a meal plan. However, if you do not want a large meal plan, you can purchase “i-points” at the one card office. The “i-points” act as cash and can be used in the dining hall, Loyola Market, ImmacuLatté, and the bookstore. If you don’t want to add i-points to your ID card, you can also purchase food in the dining hall by weight.

Where can commuters go between classes?

Commuter students hang out with friends in the Market at Loyola, ImmacuLatte Cafe, the library, and various other places on campus. You can use the computer labs starting at 8 a.m., and you are free to hang out on campus.



Where can freshman residents park during the semester?

Freshman residents are permitted to park only in lot A by Alumnae Hall.

Where can freshman commuters park during the semester?

Freshmen commuters can park in lots A, B, C, H, and I. Commuter students are permitted to park in lot D after 4 p.m. on weekdays.

How much does a parking permit cost and how long does the permit last?

The fee is $25 for part-time students or $50 for full-time (12 or more credits) students for an academic year (September-August). Payment for the permits must be made in cash, check, money order or credit card. No refund will be offered after payment is made. Parking permits are required for students who are taking three or more credits. Click here for more information.

What will I need to bring when applying for a parking permit?

You will need the following: a valid vehicle registration and the Immaculata University Parking Permit Form completely filled out.

When can I get a parking permit?

Students attending NSO will be able to purchase parking permits during NSO II.


Dining Services

How is the food on campus?

The Dining Services on campus always have something good to offer! The Nazareth Dining Hall has a hot bar with a variety of choices, a salad bar, soups, pizzas, ice cream, and a grill with made-to-order items. Gluten-free and vegetarian foods are available. The dining hall also has healthy options for students to make good choices about what to eat.

ImmacuLatté Café is another place where students can grab a coffee or a smoothie as well as muffins, bagels, soups, and sandwiches.

The Loyola Market offers a wide variety of foods and general items in a market style. The market has gluten-free foods, microwaveable meals, a wall of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, and many delicious hot beverages.

What kind of meal plans does Immaculata offer?

View meal plan information for the current academic year.


One Card (University ID)

What are the uses of the University ID cards?

The One Card Identification Card is a photo identification card that serves a variety of purposes: vending, bookstore purchases, meal plan card, library card and building access control. Learn more here. You will be issued your ID card during NSO II.



When is the bookstore open?

You can find the bookstore’s hours on their website.

Where can I find my list of books needed for this upcoming semester?

Go to the bookstore’s website and enter the classes you’ll be taking. You can then see a list of the books you’ll need.


Gabriele Library

What are the hours for the library?

You can find the library’s hours and more information on the Gabriele Library’s website.

Can I get a study room?

Yes, there are six available study rooms that you can sign out for two-hour intervals by using your University ID card.

Can I take out movies or books?

Yes, you can take out books for three weeks and movies for three days.

Immaculata University | Copyright © All Rights Reserved | Federal Compliance Links | Clery Statistics |
1145 King Road, Box 642, Immaculata, PA. 19345 | p. 610-647-4400 x3060 or call toll-free: 1-877-42 TODAY |
Immaculata University is a Catholic, comprehensive, coeducational institution founded by the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.