How to Earn Credit for Prior Learning
An academic advisor will guide you through your options and the application process. You may earn Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) in any of these four ways:
Option 1: Tested CPL
- CLEP exams—CLEP exams are offered through many colleges, including Immaculata. View a list of CLEP test dates offered at Immaculata and register.
- Excelsior (Regents) College Examinations (ECE)
- DANTES (Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support) exams
- Challenge exams—Please contact the College of LifeLong Learning to assist you in arranging an exam with a specific academic department at Immaculata.
Option 2: Accredited or Reviewed Training
Provide documentation, such as a certificate or letter from an employer or training supervisor, to give evidence of the training you have received. Include the type or title of training, the facility, the dates, clear verification that you have completed the training, and the total number of training hours.
Immaculata University accepts the following types of accredited training:
- Accredited trade or technical school training
- Military training
- Regionally or professionally accredited training providers
- Training experiences evaluated by American Council on Education (ACE) or National Program on Non-collegiate Sponsored Instruction (PONSI)
Option 3: Faculty-Reviewed Learning
Provide documentation, as listed above under Option 2, for experiences such as:
- On-the-job training
- Non-accredited training programs
Option 4: Life Learning Portfolio
Contact Immaculata to discuss the eligibility requirements to apply for credit through submission of a life learning portfolio. The documentation must show evidence of college-level understanding, theoretical foundation, learning experiences and applications, and subject matter expertise.
Contact Us to Learn More
Current students—contact your academic advisor, or call 484-323-3238, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective students—call 484-323-3524 or email email@example.com.