Check back soon for information on the fall 2017 play.
History of Cue & Curtain Players
The drama club of Immaculata predates the college founding and therefore is the oldest organization in the university. Originally called the Villa Maria Players, the troupe presented its first production in 1914 under the direction of Sister Mary Donatus. For the next 55 years, she continued to serve as producer, director and playwright for the group, which was renamed "Villa Maria College Players." The current title, "Cue and Curtain Players," was adopted in the early 1940s as a gift from Father John Ford.
Since 1971, under the direction of Sister Constance Mary (1971 – 1976), Sister Marie Hubert (1977 – 2005), Sister Marcille McEntee (2006 – 2016), and Dara Himes (2017 – present), the Cue and Curtain Players of Immaculata have presented either a drama or musical in the fall and a children’s theatre production in the spring.